After a long night again with Matthew, I thought the long run I had planned for today was a goner. Brad had planned to go with me but with Matthew still coughing pretty badly it was obvious to both of us that he needed a day at home, so I knew if I was going to run it would be alone.
I pretty much had myself talked out of it until I saw this:
With a sky that blue, how could I not run? I am so glad I did - it was an amazing run!
I did six miles in 1 hour and 3 minutes. I was so happy with this because last week I did five miles in 1 hour and 4 minutes! Which means that this week I was a lot faster :)
My times for this week's run:
Mile One: 11:15
Mile Two: 10:16
Mile Three: 11:05
Mile Four: 10:07
Mile Five: 10:34
Mile Six: 9:16 (my fastest mile EVER!)
Best of all, my knees and foot felt great, I figured out what I am going to share with my Jr. High girls when they come to my house in a couple of weeks, and the weather was perfect. I'm so glad I didn't put this run off until tomorrow!

4 comments:
Yahooooo for a good run! I often experience my best runs when I just don't feel like it. So very very glad you felt so good and did so well!
Oh I'm so glad you got to go! How exciting!
Awesome times! Sounds like you really needed the run and so glad that you made time for it.
Way to go!
Post a Comment