Saturday, March 05, 2011

Celebrating With Korean Food

Well, I tried to get Matthew to show the envelope but it just wasn't working out! We got our I-600 approval in the mail today!!!! This is the last step here on the US side and now we are officially just waiting for things to happen in Korea...and praying like crazy that they happen sooner than we expect!!

I was kind of surprised it came already since we were expecting to have to send in some additional information before it would be approved. It was great that it came today though because what is a more fitting way to celebrate than with a delicious Korean meal (that already happened to be on the menu for tonight)?!?!?!?

We have been wanting to try this Jap Chae recipe for a long time but I only recently got the sweet potato noodles we needed at an Asian market we visited. It has noodles, marinated beef, cabbage, carrots, and fresh spinach in it, and let me tell you, all three of us were making "mmmmmmmm" noises as we enjoyed this absolutely fabulous recipe! Matthew ate two full plates!!!! And apparently when it's this good, you cannot be slowed down by a fork!




I'm so thankful and excited to have one more step finished on our journey to Nathan! I know it won't be long until these days of waiting are behind us :)

9 comments:

Arlona said...

So excited for you! What a happy family. Nathan is fortunate to be coming to you.

BrandiB said...

I am so excited for you! Praying things go very quick and you have Nathan home soon!!!!

Yvonne said...

Such wonderful news!! And love that you made the jap chae recipe - we have made that one a number of times too and it is inhaled over here. And making Korean food at home = allergen friendly :)

And I'm also hoping that things move faster in Korea than you expect and Nathan will be home with you soon!!

Barry/ Amy said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!
One more step down!! So excited for you guys!!!!

Elizabeth Frick said...

Congrats on the I600 approval! I *so* hope that things go more quickly than you expect them to!
Enjoy your Korean meal tonight :)

Stacy said...

Yeah!!!! What a blessing!!! I remember it being such a great feeling when we were Dossier to China for Jackson, knowing that there wasn't anything else that we were responsible for!!

Tomi said...

Congratulations on I600 approval! The jap chae looks yummy!

K&M said...

What wonderfully exciting news!! So happy for you!!! And the food looks and sounds amazing! So happy for you!

And, what great news about Matthew happily going into his church class. :) :) :)

Janet said...

YAY for more progress on the adoption journey and YAY for Korean cooking. I've made Japchae several times and it is BY FAR Little D's favorite. He serioulsy gobbles it up...sometimes so fast that he chokes on it, scaring me to death. We just had some tonight, in fact. Yum!