Last week was a cutback week in many ways.
In running, thankfully it was a cutback week - my long run Saturday was only 3 miles. I managed it (barely). I realized this week that training for a half marathon and having a toddler is much different than training for one without children. It turns out that a 4 mile run after sleeping only 4 (interrupted) hours the night before is hard. So hard that I quit after 2 miles.
It was a cutback week in pretty much every area of my life this week.
Cutback on housework, laundry, cooking. Just survive.
Cutback on playdates, friendships, leaving the house. Make it through the week.
But now it is Sunday, and a new week is beginning. I'm feeling ready to jump back into life now that Matthew has (almost) slept through the night 3 nights in a row!!!!
This weekend was great in so many ways. Full of so many tiny little things that made me smile:
A new haircut for my handsome little man.
And it didn't even stress me out to cut it this time
(turns out it really does just grow back!)
New pajamas.
Gotta love new pajamas.
the funny face Matthew keeps making
whenever he is trying to get me to say "yes" to something.
"Pweeeease mama" with his lips sticking out...
it always makes me laugh, even if it doesn't get me to say yes :)

1 comments:
Tough training? Tell me about it! Just wait til there are TWO little ones! ;)
I absolutely LOVE that last photo of Matthew - he looks like a kdrama star!
Post a Comment