Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Snow Event

So word on the street around here is that we are about to have a "snow event". That is what the lady on the news called it last night, and for some reason I found it hilarious. Maybe it was because it was 11pm and I was exhausted...but it struck me as funny and has actually put a new spin on this whole "cooped up in my house" thing. After all, I can't really be cranky when it's an event, can I? :)

Today was a good day. I decided we should head outside for some snow fun before the blizzard actually hits, and Matthew and I had a blast. This kid loves the snow now! What he doesn't love is not being able to bend his arms and legs because of his snow suit :)

Matthew's favorite thing this winter is his sled. I got in a good workout running up and down the sidewalk in front of our house. Every time I stopped he would say, "Ready....GO!" So off I went again!


When I went to put the sled away in the garage I stood him just outside of the garage door. I didn't need to worry that he would run out into the street since he stood in the exact place I stood him for the next couple of minutes. Apparently we need to spend some time practicing walking in snow!

Tonight the "snow event" began, and Matthew had a front row seat!
I wonder how much snow we'll have by tomorrow morning?

4 comments:

Barry/ Amy said...

Such a cute little sledder!!!

Jenny said...

fun day! and funny how he just stands there :-)

K&M said...

Dante stands still in the snow, too! It is better than last year though - last year if I didn't hold him in the snow he would SCREAM!!!!! At least now (today) he stood alone! Hehe! :)

Rachelle said...

Looks like a fun time! We had a bit of a "ice event" on top of our snow. Now we need ice skates. :/