This week has been a fun one! We have had a couple of days of really nice weather (in the 40's even!) so we have been taking advantage of that as much as possible. This morning I sat out on my back steps and heard birds singing. Glorious!
Little Man has been cracking me up so much lately. He is turning into a real little person and it is so fun to hang out with him. He recently learned how to blow out and now he can work his recorder and this fabulous party favor! He was pretty excited about that :)
I love all the funny quirky things he does. Like how he could just push his shopping cart around the living room...but instead he carries it! Crazy kid.
What else is new this week...oh yes, a new little family member! On Monday I found a tiny little dog running around a nearby street. I don't know why, but my family seems to always attract lost cats and dogs :) I just cannot drive away and wonder if it is safe or let it maybe get hit. So I brought it home, told Brad (who laughed, because seriously I do this a lot) and got Little Dog settled in at her new home. Daisie has done very well with having a new little friend and Little Dog seems happy enough with us. She is the sweetest little thing, very obedient, loving, and has not nipped at Matthew even when he sat on her today. I thought that was going to be the end of Little Dog but she managed to fight her way out! I have kind of named her "Penny" but mostly we just call her Little Dog - I didn't want to get attached as we have been trying to find her owners. But that's not working :) I hope she gets to stay.
The only bummer part of the week is my foot problem...I'm not ready to call it an injury just yet even though it hurts like the dickens and I can barely walk on it. After a lovely 6 mile run on Sunday, I got home and suddenly had a shooting pain in my foot, followed by a sharp and constant pain for the last several days. At least it is only when I walk :) I am going to the doctor tomorrow so we'll see if anything is going on. And of course this happened in the first week of half marathon training! Oh well, what can you do? Sit with your feet up, I guess!We are so looking forward to the weekend - fun with friends, Nascar, a sweet little baby...it's going to be good!

6 comments:
Matthew is such a cutie... and Penny sure is a cutie too! I'm shocked no one has claimed her yet...sounds like she may be meant for your family! Hope your foot is better soon!
My goodness, that IS a cute little doggie! She looks sweet :)
Get that foot better, girl! Better to rest now at the beginning of training than to have even more pain deeper into the program. Take care of yourself!
Penny is cute! Hope she gets to stay! Good luck with the foot. Here's to a good doc report!
I can relate to the foot pain. My Fankle and I are sending good vibes. I don't like how you described it though... not a happy feeling.
(yea, you heard how we got a cat over the holidays this year... I can relate to that too! Love my new Kittah)
Ouchie on the foot pain!!
I love Matthew carrying the shopping cart!!!
Little Doggie is pretty darn cute!!! I think she looks like a Penny :)
I agree...our boys are at SUCH a fun age. I love seeing their fun little personalities unfold.
Sorry about your foot. OUCH!
That dog?! Incredibly cute! I don't think I could give it away either. Stay Penny, STAY!
Post a Comment