I'm back! I took a bit of a bloggy break by accident...life got busy, and after Matthew's reaction last week I just needed to process a bit. We are doing so well, and Matthew is looking (and I think feeling) amazing! His skin has been clear and silky smooth for over two weeks now! This is the best he has ever looked (even when he arrived his skin was never soft) and we truly think that taking milk, tomatoes, and citrus fruits out of his diet has made all the difference. Praise the Lord! We will probably wait until January when he has another allergist appointment to consider adding back in any of these foods. So for now...cooking is a challenge :) I must say, though, that seeing him feeling better is all the motivation I need to stick with it. I am slowly figuring out new recipes (some good, some....not so good!) and I know we'll get there in the end.
In the meantime, Matthew has been eating a lot of plain foods - vegetables, fruits, meats, beans. Lots of these! Thankfully he loves all of these!
Before we made these changes to his diet, Matthew frequently woke up looking like he had been in a fist fight :( It made us so sad and we just didn't know what to do.
I am so happy to say that he has not looked like this at all in the last two weeks! Poor sweet boy. It is amazing to see him now and to realize that he probably was not feeling good at all for a long time. But now...oh, what a change!
I thought I'd just share a few random pictures from the last couple of weeks. Enjoy!






9 comments:
I'm so happy that he's doing well! I'm sure it must be pretty difficult finding recipes and things with all of his diet restrictions, but wow! What a difference it is making. He looks great and so happy. :)
Wow, Rachel! It's *incredible* how much better he looks!!!
Isn't it crazy to think he felt so poorly for so long? We're dealing with the same type of thing with Ingrid - just trying to figure out what makes her so funky all the time :(
SO glad to hear he's doing well now!!!
I didn't know about the trip to the hospital until today... WOW!! I am sooo glad you had been prepared ahead of time and knew what to do and that he is doing sooo much better! I LOVE YOU GUYS!! Hugs ALL around!
My heart was racing after reading about his ER trip! I'm so thankful that it all turned out ok!
I'm so glad he is feeling better. What a great mom you are to handle all the changes like a pro. More pictures please!!!
i am glad you guys are figuring things out!
I love the one of the 2 of you on the porch!
So glad he's doing better and back to his sweet, happy self again! :) Allergies are crazy, aren't they? And terrifying when it comes to kiddos.. sounds like you have a good plan now. No berries isn't so bad.. Matthew will never know what he's missing! :)
Post a Comment