So where was I? Oh yes, leaving you hanging... :)
Our adoption worker started the wheels turning by telling us that it might be possible to use our home study with our current agency to adopt a waiting child who was listed with a different agency. From my understanding, our agency only does home studies for families adopting from their agency.
Something within me got so excited at that moment. We walked out of that meeting, and Brad started laughing when he looked at me and he said, "I know what you're thinking!" I asked him if he wanted to pursue this, and he said yes! I got in the car, called a friend to get me the number of the other adoption agency, called them and felt my heart pounding as I asked if Nathan had been matched with a family yet. They said he had not, and that they could send us some updates and a video if we wanted. I tried not to get too excited as I said that would be great.
So here we are, a week and a half later, and I am thrilled and amazed to announce that
It's a boy!!!!!!!!
Brad and I have decided to pursue Nathan's adoption and we are overjoyed at what the Lord has done for us! It has been a crazy week, which is why I couldn't blog :) I just knew I would not be able to keep from saying anything about it. But we have told the agency that we want to move forward with adopting Nathan, and we have now told our friends and family the wonderful news, so I feel free to share it here!
We are going to keep his name Nathan (which means, "God has given"), and we have not decided on a middle name just yet. This has all been such a whirlwind and I think I'm still in shock! We have not "officially" accepted his referral as that will take a bit of time and paperwork, so sadly I cannot share a picture yet of our adorable son! We still have to finish our homestudy, and the agency Nathan is listed with has to get permission to place him in our state (apparently this is just a formality). I cannot believe I am going to be the mother of two little boys!!!!
But here's what you need to know about our little man. He is adorable to the max! We look at his picture all the time and cannot wait to get our hands on him! We have been blessed to have a video of him, and we hope to have another one in just a few weeks time!
Nathan is now 9 months old, which makes him 13 months younger than Matthew. I am so thrilled that Matthew will have a little brother! I know the age difference may be challenging at times (oh who am I kidding, I have no idea what it will be like!), but we hope and pray that they will be best buds. We do not know how long it will be until he is home, but we are anticipating about a year long wait. Sigh. That sounds so long right now. We are praying that it is sooner for sure!!!! Nathan was a waiting child because he was born with malformed ears and has some pretty significant hearing loss. We know that there will be many new things for us to learn and challenges that may be ahead, but we are confident that the Lord will give us the strength and the grace to handle each and every challenge that will arise. We are so blessed to be able to be this little boy's mom and dad and we cannot wait to have him home with us!!!!
So....it's been a crazy week :) And God is so good!!!!!

23 comments:
Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more about this little angel!
YAY!!!! Congratulations!! It IS the same little guy I'm thinking of and my, oh, my, he is adorable! I can't wait til you can show off his amazing "Elvis" hair! :o)
WOW!!!!! I am SO ezcited for you guys!!! Congrats! Praying Nathan comes home SO soon!
Wow, what an exciting time for your family!! I'm thrilled for you!!!! Two little boys -- how wonderful!
This is so awesome. Nathan must be with Eastern to have that wait. I can't wait to see his cute face!!! You said it right Mama, God is good!
Congratulations! Very exciting news and I can't wait to see his face and hear more about him. Isn't it amazing how God works it all for our good??
I am still so thrilled at this news! I can't wait to meet the little guy and see just how squishy he really is!
Yay! Yay! Yay! Sorry I haven't responded to your email! We are thrilled for you! Please let me know if we can be of any help. Thankful to have another family walking this road with us! Congratulations!!!!
Yeah - how wonderful!!!
Wow! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more. I think I remember seeing him on Rainbow kids but I went back to look and he's not there - guessing that's your boy. :) So excited for you!
Rachel!! this is sooo very exciting!! I LOVE reading your blogs. Are you allowed to email a link to his agency's site so we can see him? or have they taken his profile down??
Love his name & what it means, & it fits so well with MAtthew! our kids are 14 months apart & it is great! a little hard at the beginning, but as they get older it's fantastic! they're such great friends! looking forward to future updates!
13 months is the gap between O and I in our family, and YES it's freakin' challenging, but it is SOOOOOO fabulous too. Matthew can get all excited about a younger brother and then poof - instant playmate once he's home! So very, very excited. Now I want to see photos!!!
Yippee!! I've been waiting all day to hear this news!!! Congratulations! He really is adorable!! I couldn't understand why he had not been adopted yet (I check their photolisting fairly regularly) but now I understand why....he was waiting for you!! Hugs to your entire newly expanding family!!
Congratulations! God is AMAZING!
Congratulations on your new little boy!
This made me cry. Partly because I know you and I know your heart and I know this is God's amazing plan for your family. Partly because I know little boys and I know the amazing bond a mama has with her boys. And I know special needs - another amazing thing God uses to teach a mama SOOO much. I have a feeling we will be having many, many conversations in the future!
(I used "I know" way too much in this comment. Truth be told, I know very little) ;)
I just read your blog and am so overjoyed for you and Brad and Matthew. God has definitely confirmed your decision as you can just hear the love you have for precious Nathan. I am praying the process will be shorter then a year..Love you each one, Marcia
awesome awesome awesome. that is sooooo encouraging and exciting. sososo happy for your fam.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for you. It's funny how God knows the plan even before we do. So happy for your family and looking forward to following your journey to bringing little Nathan home.
Oh my goodness! That will teach me to not read your blog for a few days (I haven't been blogging much this week). Wow! This is so very excited. I love the name Nathan. Congratulations. Cannot wait until you can share more.
HE is great indeed!!!! Can't wait to meet the new guy :) Congrats!
How wonderful and exciting for you! I know the wait may seem long, but he will be in your arms before you know it!
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!
Rachel, this is amazing news!! CONGRATS to your beautiful, growing family!
Can't wait to hear more about Nathan tomorrow!
Post a Comment