The adoption has taken a turn from "abstract" to "concrete".
In my mind, before we knew who our child would be, the paperwork was tedious and mildly annoying. I always knew it would be worth it in the end, but being we knew it would be so long until we'd be matched with a child that it was hard for me to be that excited about it.
Until Nathan, that is.
Until we saw his sweet face, his amazing hair (seriously, you will not believe it!), his beautiful eyes. And once we knew we wanted him to be ours, my perspective changed.
We received our formal application from our placement agency yesterday. I must admit I've been stalking the mailman! The mail becomes oh so exciting when you're adopting :)
I opened it up, realized we had quite a bit more paperwork to do, and felt...excitement!
Because now, every piece of paper we fill out, every form we sign, every minute of training we do, it's all done with that little boy in mind.
He's changed everything :)
That old familiar "waiting ache" is back, and yet it's so different this time. It's different because I have seen the ending, and I know that it will come. It may not feel like it sometimes, but the day will come and he will be ours. So for today, I'm content to fill out paperwork, take our baby steps, and dream of the day when two little boys will call me Mama.

9 comments:
i'm so glad it feels different this time for you!!!
"He's changed everything :)"
This is beautiful. And as a mama, I totally agree!
Absolutely loved meeting you today! And yes, that hair IS amazing!
Just had to say that I am so excited and thrilled for all 4 of you. And am looking forward to when you can share a picture of your sweet boy! In the meantime, good luck with the paperwork!!
Yay!!!
The second time around is totally different, but equally wonderful. Enjoy!
It is wonderful to have a face to chase for :)
I can't wait to see this little guy! Man this makes me want to start the process again... eventually the time will come... eventually...
I was wondering how it felt to do it all over again. It's so hard to wait the first time not knowing how it's all going to turn out, so I bet it's a very exciting wait for you this time around! So happy for you guys!
3 months into our wait this time around and that "ache" has resurfaced. So glad that this time for you you know exactly who all this hard work is for..little Nathan. Looking forward to seeing his pictures!!!
I just wanted to congratulate you on your new little boy. I can't say exactly how I found your blog other than the link through all the Korean adoption blogs but when I read about Nathan something clicked and I went to what I'm assuming is your placement agencies site and saw Nathan's name crossed out. I do remember his picture though-so cute!
Post a Comment