Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thinking About My Boys

I am so blessed.

I am blessed to be the mama of this little boy.

It's hard to believe that just over a year ago

he was far across the world

and my arms were empty

and my heart was aching.


Now my arms are full

and my heart sings with joy

to have this little boy

filling up my life

with laughter

and fun

and drool

(because we're teething again!)

and slobbery kisses.

My heart is full of love

for this little boy

and for another little boy

I have yet to hold,

yet to kiss,

yet to snuggle.

Tonight I kissed my boy goodnight

And thought of my other sweet boy

So far away...

yet so near to my heart.

I can't wait till I can kiss him goodnight, too!

7 comments:

Barry/ Amy said...

I cannot wait for you to be kissing him goodnight too!!!!

Elizabeth Frick said...

Yay! Isn't it nice to reflect on the times you ached to have that boy in your arms and to enjoy the present!

Jenny said...

so so precious...

Britt said...

*smile*

Kala said...

I can't wait either!!!

K&M said...

Oh Rachel, you MUST frame that picture of you and Matthew! It is just beautiful. Your love for each other shines!!!

I am super excited for you and all of your boys!

With love,
Marilyn

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

LOVING that picture so much...