Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Time at the Fair

You know one of the things I miss most about being in the adoption process? I miss getting really exciting things in the mail! I used to stalk the mail man, hoping to hear good news from the government or maybe get something from our agency...yes, I miss those days. This week I've been stalking the mail man again, though, as I've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of Matthew's passport. Today (the one day I did not run out and check it as soon as it arrived) Brad brought in the mail, and of course his passport had arrived. I am so excited - now we can visit my family and friends in Canada at long last!

Yesterday was a fun night as we went to the local fair with some of Brad's family. This is a yearly event I always look forward to, but this year was a special year.

This year I got to take my son to the fair!

I must admit, the fair has always been one of those places that was kind of hard to go to - a painful reminder that I didn't have any children yet. This year all that was changed and I got to enjoy for the first time seeing my boy enjoy the lights and the animals and the displays. It was so much fun!

Matthew had a blast with his cousin, Ben! Aunt Amanda had Matthew cracking up!


Of course, no day is complete without a choo choo sighting!

It was hard to pull him away from this
(even though he didn't even ride on it...just watched!)

I couldn't get him to even look away while it was going around the track :)


He was also totally fascinated by the animals - it must have been strange for him to hear a cow saying "moo" instead of mommy! He was very excited to pet a little baby duckling.


Yep, we tired him out good! It was way past his bedtime when we arrived home and he went to bed without a peep (until 1am, but let's not talk about how he keeps waking up every night because he is teething). I love seeing him experience new things - it is the best!


6 comments:

Barry/ Amy said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!!!!

Elizabeth Frick said...

What a FUN post! How awesome is the fair with your little boy?!
And congrats on the passport!

Kala said...

How awesome is that. I'm so glad that you get to attend this year as a mommy!

Kala said...

I was wondering if you could email me. I have a question for you. You can email me at:
ouradoptionjourney.korea@gmail.com

Thanks :)

Leah said...

The fair looks like a great time! :)

Janet said...

Looks like a fun trip to the fair. I love how he is just staring at that choo-choo...not taking his eyes off of it. Classic.

Getting the passport is a BIG step. Congrats!