Saturday, August 07, 2010

It Never Gets Old

It was another regular Saturday around here. There was nothing extraordinary about it. We didn't do anything that would be classified as "exciting" in many people's books. It was a day spent at garage sales, mowing the lawn, playing with toys, swinging in the backyard, hanging out with family...the same sorts of things we do every single day.

Here's what I'm learning, though:

It never gets old.

I never get tired of the regular stuff, because I am with two people I love so much!

There was a time in my life when I got to travel around the world, meet new people, see new things, have exciting adventures like white water rafting on the River Nile, downhill skiing in Colorado, rock climbing and kayaking in Northern Ontario...and those things were amazing and fun, don't get me wrong.

But the thing is, ask me if I'd pick doing those things today or hanging out with my beloved and this little guy:


Yep, they'd win every time.

I keep waiting for it to get old, but it never does. I keep waiting for it to stop being so much fun to stay at home with my little guy, but it just keeps getting better. It's the most fun I've ever had, and my heart is full. Life has never been so good!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Matthew looks so old in that picture. Where did your little baby boy go? He is turning into a big boy!!!!

And I agree. Every day life is AMAZING with the two men you love.

Leah said...

What a beautiful post, and I know exactly what you mean. Spending time doing the everyday things with your favorite people in the world. . . I just don't think life can get better than that. :)

Britt said...

That is wonderful!!!

Elizabeth Frick said...

this makes me smile :)

Barry/ Amy said...

So sweet!!!! What lucky boys to have you in their life!!!

Kala said...

I love this post. I totally agree! He is such a cutie!

Phil & Karen said...

Lovely post!

kelly said...

Beautiful! You have such a good perspective - thanks for the reminder that even the every day things are awesome. So true. And Matthew is so cute on the swing!