Friday, August 06, 2010

Fun Planning

First let me say thank you for not leaving me comments yesterday saying how weird I am or anything like that - every time I write a post that exposes my true thoughts about something close to my heart I have such mixed feelings - relief to be able to put it into words, and terror knowing that other people will read it :) I like writing about things that matter, though, and it does help me get some perspective.

I'm doing some fun planning at the moment! I'm making plans for Matthew's birthday and I am so excited that I don't know how I'll wait until December!

So you know how much this little boy loves trains? Enough that he will play with them for 50 minutes straight, just standing at the couch? Yep, that much!

We had been toying with the idea of getting him a train table (basically a table his height that would have a fantastic train set on it!) but man are they expensive! We saw one on clearance for $50 and that was the cheapest we saw anywhere...and then the next day, a friend of mine for church emailed me and said she was getting rid of a train table, and did we want it?!?! Um, YEAH!!!! We bought it for 10 bucks! So excited to get it set up in the basement...but not until December.

Then last week I went to a huge yard sale, walked into the toy section, and found...


A ton more pieces of wooden train set! I snatched it up and we are just about ready to make a fabulous train set for my boy! I just know he will love it and I'm so thankful we could find these great deals so that he can have something he'll enjoy so much.

I'm also planning a fun getaway for the three of us for a weekend in September...because seriously I just need to spend some time here:


It makes me relax just looking at the photo! I can't wait to have even a couple of days away with my boys. I just love fun planning :)

6 comments:

Barry/ Amy said...

Big fun!!!! Enjoy playing with the trains, I mean setting up the train set :) LOL!!!!!

Love mini vacations!!! And that looks like such a wonderful spot!

Dena said...

I LOVE getting stuff from friends and yard sale deals -- yay for you!! :)

Elizabeth Frick said...

Way to score some good deals!!!

Janet said...

Ooooh, trains.
There are to be trains in our future too, from what I hear. (More on that later.)
GREAT bargains you found!
Our boys would have fun playing trains...but FIFTY MINUTES?!!? Seriously? Wow...that is some focus. I cannot get D to sit & do anything for 50 min (or even 5-10 some days).

Leah said...

What a great buy you found! That's awesome. :) I'm sure he'll love it. :)

Yvonne said...

I myself have already started thinking/planning for my kids' birthdays in Dec and Christmas too. Sounds like we have this in common! And what a great surprise you have in store for Matthew. Enjoy the planning!