Friday, August 13, 2010

My Favorite View

This little boy, like his mama, loves to read a good book. I'm just finishing up "Gone With the Wind", while his choices have a few less words :)

Lately his attention span has been getting longer and he will sit looking at books for quite a while without getting bored. This has come in especially handy in the car...I sure do prefer him reading books to him yelling as loud as he can just because he doesn't want to be in his car seat :)





Watching him "read" is one of my favorite things to do at the moment. He'll go behind the couch to our bookcase, choose a good one, plunk himself down and start flipping through the pages. I peek over the back of the couch and smile as he concentrates so hard and enjoys each and every picture. My favorite view - his eyes down, looking at the book, his cheeks so squishy that it's all I can do not to reach out and squish them, his gorgeous eyelashes...

yep, I love this view!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said...

Isn't it fabulous to see a love of books in your little one? :)

BrandiB said...

that last picture is so sweet to me...those lashes!

kelly said...

Oh, I like that view too - his lashes (like Max's) are gorgeous and look at those cheeks! Soooo, when do they stop ripping up the pages? Cuz right now that's what Max does and it's why he only gets board books :)

Abby said...

This is one of my favorite things to watch Noah do, too! It's so sweet and just makes my heart melt. Noah's talking more now and many times he "reads" aloud. His favorite is "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?" He knows all the sounds and it's just so funny, but so rewarding, to listen to him read it to himself.

P.S. "Gone with the Wind" is great. The sequel, "Scarlett" is OK; but I much preferred the newer bestseller, "Rhett Butler's People." Good read!

Karen said...

So sweet! Love that he's a "reader" already!

Britt said...

His "Big Deal" t-shirt is soo cute!