Monday, August 23, 2010

We've Had It!

We've had it up to here...

...with eczema!

Honestly, just had it.  Poor Brad spent several hours in the night with a screaming and itchy baby and a crying and overwhelmed momma.  I am frustrated and sad and we just don't know what to do.  We are going back to the dermatologist this afternoon and praying that somehow we can get him some relief.  We are also going to a pediactric allergist on Sept. 20th to find out if this is allergy related.  This is just crazy and I now dread the night because it is just so hard.  I'm so sorry to whine, I am just so frustrated and beyond tired after the last few nights.

Oh, and our home study is scheduled for tomorrow night, which is great timing when I'm feeling like having another child might be the worst idea ever. :)

If you have any suggestions or advice to help with eczema or allergies...please help!

14 comments:

Rachelle said...

UGH. So sorry he is still suffering. No fun. Many prayers, momma. :(

April said...

It is hard when a little one is miserable, one day at a time. Try to sleep when he sleeps. Someday this will be behind you. God only gives you what you can handle, he gave you this precious little boy.Hang in there

Elizabeth Frick said...

Ugh, that's got to be SO frustrating! I think having him allergy-tested is a great idea. Even if it's inconclusive, maybe it'll rule some things out. And perhaps the allergist will have some new ideas.
Hang in there mama. We all have days where we say, "What am/was I thinking?!"

Karen said...

So sorry the little guy is so miserable! Hugs to you too! I know how frustrating lack of sleep can be! I hope the new doctor has new insight in to how to help!

everythingismeowsome said...

You poor thing!!! Matthew and Brad too, of course. I would think there would HAVE to be a link between the eczema and allergies....but I am no expert.

Maybe the allergist will have a cancellation and you will be able to get in sooner. I know it has to be so hard right now.

Rach@In His Hands said...

Oh, no. This just stinks! Praying that you and poor little Matthew have a solution soon.

Hang in there! Hugs!

Barry/ Amy said...

A couple of suggestions and maybe you have already tried them...
Aveeno oatmeal bath (they come in packets in a carboard box in the bubble bath section) and Eucerin cream.

Hugs to your family as you work through this!!!

Megan said...

Oh I am so sorry Matthew is having such a hard time. I'm praying for healing for your little guy!

Kala said...

Poor Matthew and poor Mama and Daddy. I wish I had some advice for you but I am about a clueless as you can get. Oh, I sent you another email also. I wasn't sure if you got it or not. No big deal though. You need some sleep. Good luck with the homestudy :D

Unknown said...

Hello! I know you don't know me but my husband, Craig, reads your blog. :-) We brought our daughter, Ava, home from Seoul in February and are also dealing with eczema (apparently a common problem with people of Asian descent). My pediatrician recommended two creams (Episencial and hydrocortisone). A friend whose daughter is Chinese and battles the same problem recommended the same two creams along with Aquaphor. The combination has worked for Ava quite well. She only has a few patches, so I am not sure if it will work for your son, but it might be worth a try. The order we use is the Episencial (which is totally organic and put out by Eric Carle), then the hydrocortisone, then the Aquaphor (we actually use Target's brand for Aquaphor... you can get all three at Target). I really don't know if this will work for you but I just feel so badly for you and your son. One other thing, we use this treatment every day. I made the mistake of thinking she was "cured" and when I went a few days without it, we were right back where we started. My husband has eczema and says you never heal it; you just control it. :-) I hope you get some answers!!
Celeste

Jenny said...

this is going to sound like a crazy suggestion... BUT... i've been reading a lot about these amber necklaces that relieve teething pain: http://www.fluffenvy.com/category_55/Youth-Sizes.htm...

well, today someone posted another review of them and she purchased one for her daughter, and not only did it relieve her teething pain, BUT it also cleared up her eczema! crazy, i know. i guess it's worth a shot??? the necklaces are about $20 and right now, that particular store has a free shipping code good through 8/31 (SHIPFREE). email me if you want the other amber necklace links i've found... aheritagefromthelord@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I don't know anything about eczema to help you, but I have to say that Matthews little thigh rolls are delicious!!

kelly said...

So sorry you are dealing with this! I don't think Max has eczema but he was scratching quite a bit at night and it was waking him up and also he'd wake up with scratches. The pediatrician told us to cut out the bubble bath so now he only bathes with water. It has helped a lot - as has putting on boatloads of greasy lotion 2X day. I'm sure you've already tried this stuff but wanted to just put that out there. Good luck!

Misc Momma said...

I had eczema as a child and the cream that worked the best for me was Elocon. And few baths. I've just come across your blog today, so maybe you've already tried this.