Monday, August 02, 2010

Growing Up! *20 Months Old*

My baby boy is 20 months old today *sniff sniff*

I am continually surprised by how fast time goes.

I don't want him to turn two! But at the same time...

I can't wait to see what he is like at two, and three, and four

To hear what he will say

What he will like, and dislike

To watch him grow and discover

I love every minute of it!


I thought I'd share a little about Matthew

at 20 months old.

He is so fun!

New words he can say:

Daisie (our dog)

Yes/No (with appropriate head shake)

Cheese

Two (but only if I say "One...")

Step

Done

Circle and Star (which sound more like "ger-ca" and "staaaa")

Yay! (with hand clapping)

Baby

Car

Keys

And his new most frequently used word: hot hot!

(every food we prepare now is "ha ha" as he calls it - even if it's cold! We're working on that!)

Matthew loves:

* Pretending he is sleeping (complete with fake snore)

* Playing with his shape sorter

* Asking to "rock rock" in the rocking chair before bed...love it!

* Trains - playing with them, reading about them, singing about them...

all things "choo choo" bring a smile :)

* Being chased and tickled

* Elephants - similar obsession as with trains

* Play dough

* Coloring

* Going up and down steps

* Cleaning up toys


Favorite Foods:

Blueberries

Watermelon

Grapes

Pears

Lima beans

Chili

Chicken (he requests it at every meal by saying "buck buck" and flapping his arms!)

Peas

Carrots

Mac & Cheese

Yogurt

Meatloaf


I can hardly believe it, but Matthew has now been a part of our family for over 10 months and has spent more of his life in the US than he did in Korea. What did we ever do without this little boy???!!?



7 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said...

The time goes so quickly. But I gotta tell ya... two is THE FUNNEST! ;)

Barry/ Amy said...

I remember when Evan was in the US longer than Korea-- it was such a great feeling!!! Great pic-- he is too darn cute!!!!

Karen said...

Love the pic! My mom was right... enjoy every moment, because they they grow up so fast!

Britt said...

ok my favourite part of that beside the fact that he has been here so long and you love him so much is the Chicken - buck buck part!!!!

kelly said...

What a great update! Happy 20 months big guy! I love that he fake snores!

Kala said...

I remember when you got Matthew. That picture is beautiful. Happy 20 months Matthew! Don't grow to fast for your mama!

Janet said...

LOVE the "buck-buck" and FAKE SNORE!??? Seriously...so cute! This is SUCH a fun age.
Happy 20 months!