Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fun at the Lake

We had a great weekend around here! My dear friend Sue who I have now known for 17 years came with her husband Stan. Yes, it was Nascar weekend again! The boys went to the race on Sunday and had a blast, while Sue and I hung out and did what we do best - shopping, talking, eating cookies, and watching movies :) Sue and Stan are having their first child soon and it was so much fun to talk babies with one of my dearest friends.

Yesterday Brad had the day off work so we decided to head to the beach. This was the first time we've taken Matthew (where has the summer gone?!?!) and it was a total hit! He loved playing in the sand and swimming in the lake. It was perfect weather and was so nice and relaxing. A few of my favorite pictures from the day:

(Digging in one spot kept him busy for ages!)


(He was a little unsure at first but soon we couldn't keep him out of the water)


(Trying out his new floaty toy...I love that I could float along with him!)


(This has to be my favorite picture of the day.
Doesn't he look like he is totally posing?
The belly is my favorite part!)


(Rocks and sand...sand and rocks. They entertain for a long time!)


(Don't worry, he is squealing with joy!)


(Brad covered up his legs with sand and he just kept saying "More!" and signing "Please")

I'm so thankful for the fun weekend we had.

Except for the sunburn that Brad got, it was perfect!

I hope we can go to the beach again soon.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

oh, what a FUN time! he DOES look like he's posing! i love it!

Elizabeth Frick said...

Yay for beautiful days at the beach! I'm going to really miss summer this year. :(

kelly said...

Oh those photos at the beach are SO CUTE! He's totally posing in that one with his little belly sticking out. Adorable!!

PS - Max seems afraid of sand. I'm hoping he grows out of that!

Britt said...

That pose was great!!

And I'm soo excited for Stan and Sue!! My mom got their baby the cutest outfits!!

Barry/ Amy said...

What great pics!!! I love the one that you love too- he looks like he is going to be a ladies man :)

Rachel said...

LOVE IT! Hope we can find a day in the last few of summer to go together!

Unknown said...

LOVE the belly!! And both Jacob and Ethan said you and Sue look just like each other!

Kala said...

These pictures look great. I lose the belly shot!