I haven't had much to blog about the last few days because we really haven't left the house or done anything! We have been hanging out at home and at the doctor's office, trying to get our poor little guy feeling better. It's been a rough week for him :( We haven't seen many smiles around here lately. I think this is a smile...but I'm not sure!

After coming down with this rash that left him looking just awful starting last Tuesday, he got progressively worse and today I ended up taking him to a Med Station kind of place to see a doctor because his breathing was labored and he was sounding so awful. Turns out he has pneumonia, not a bad case though thankfully. He is on 7 medications, and has had some blood work done to find out if it is an allergy or virus. We're also waiting to hear back if he has RSV (a type of virus I guess).
It is so hard to feel so helpless, and to not know what to do. I am so very thankful for my mom and mom-in-law who are always there to help me and support me...what would I do without them???
In the meantime, while Matthew is recovering, he's been doing a ton of this:
He is walking more and more (he's still pretty cautious and doesn't like to leave the couch without encouragement, but he's getting there!).
I just love this little boy so much and it has been hard to see him so miserable. I am hopeful that this week will be MUCH better and soon he will be back to his smiley self again.




11 comments:
Feel better little guy... :(
OH NO!!! Bless his sweet little heart! He looks like he feels miserable! So glad you got some meds. Hopefully he will kick whatever it is soon and be back to his smiley self!
We have had the same sort of week here. Mark, Lucy, & Vivi are all on antibiotics now, and Vivi just started eating again this morning. It IS hard to watch your wee ones suffer!
Love love love the pic of Matthew sleeping with his tush in the air! How cute is that??
Oh, poor little guy. I hope he is feeling better VERY VERY soon. So hard to see our little ones so sick.
Poor little sick man! Feel better soon, buddy.
Oh my! I will be praying he gets better soon! Poor little guy!
That poor dude looks pitiful! The good news is that the antibiotics usually act QUICKLY! Hopefully you will notice him perking up by tomorrow!
Oh poor little sweetie. Praying he is well very very soon..that God heals him from the top of his head to the bottom of his sweet little toes!...In Jesus Name!
As a mom, I know this feeling of helplessness too, hang in there..a hug from one mommy to another! :-)
poor matthew! i hate it for him! i hope he makes a speedy recovery!
Just heard he does have RSV now, and in the hospital! That happened quick!
I am praying for him, and you dear friend!
ooh poor little guy!
Poor little Matthew, I hope the meds work fast!
Post a Comment