Saturday, February 20, 2010

Snow Fun

I am so glad that Matthew is feeling better and that we can finally leave the house! In the last two days I have been to the library, gone on an out-of-town trip with a friend to find "safe" foods for Matthew, gone for a walk, and been sledding! We have been having so much fun!

Yesterday was so beautiful and sunny, so we just had to get outside. It was still pretty cold here (I think it didn't quite reach 40 degrees) but the sun made it feel really nice. I bundled up the baby, got Daisie ready to go, and off we went! We went to visit my sister (also known as "Aunt Jojo") since she doesn't live too far from our house, but sadly she was not home :( We took a picture to show her that we did try to come and visit!

Yesterday evening we had pizza with friends and then got to go sledding at their house. We had a blast! I was a little nervous about how Matthew would do (since the last snow exposure was not too well received) but he was much happier this time. I think mostly he doesn't like being in his marshmallow suit :) He cried a little but seemed to enjoy himself, especially riding down the little hill on an inner tube with mommy or daddy!




The best part - he didn't take an afternoon nap yesterday and was so worn out from sledding that he slept from 8pm last night until 8:30am today! We are thankful to be sleeping again :)

5 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said...

Isn't it funny how, as soon as your baby feels better, you run around like crazy, getting out of the house and doing fun things? We all get so stir-crazy when we're sick :)

Janet said...

We're totally going stir crazy here. Looks like you had a fun weekend. Yay for getting outside!! Yay for MAJOR sleeping too.

Kala said...

I'm so glad your all feeling better. I bet it's such a relief to know he's feeling better!

Kala said...

I was also looking some of my past post and foun the one where you asked me where I got the bible verse. I wrote a response on my blog and not yours. I'm sorry. I hope you saw it. If not heres the address

http://www.stickywords.net

Tamara said...

So fun! Who did you go sledding with? Where did you go, the park?
I took Sonny out yesterday too. I can't believe how much snow we got since yesterday! :)