Staying at home can sometimes be a bit lonely, so I am very thankful to have several friends who also stay home with their kids. My friend Katie and I have a lot in common, such as little ones who are only a few days apart in age, and a love for knitting!
I have not worked on a knitting project since before Matthew came home - in fact, the last thing I knitted was a sweater for him! It was so neat to remember the times when I worked on it for him before I even knew who he was...and when I put it on him last month I kind of got emotional about it (I know, big surprise that I got emotional about something, right?!).
Since it was my first attempt at clothing, I was pretty proud of myself that it actually turned out looking like a sweater!


My friend Katie and I are now working on a project together (well, making one each!). Today she taught me how to use circular needles so that I won't have any seams to sew up. I am super excited about that! And hopefully at the end I will have something that looks like this (except green):
(And in case you were confused...that is not me!)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am very excited because tomorrow, Brad, Matthew and I are heading across the state to a Lunar New Year party with several families who have adopted from Korea. I cannot wait to meet all the little kiddos! From what I have read, it seems that the Lunar New Year is the most important holiday celebrated in Korea. It was actually celebrated in the middle of February this year, but our party is just a little late :) I am really looking forward to meeting more adoptive families and to see some old friends as well!


8 comments:
That sweater is FABULOUS!!!
Oh, and I *love* circular knitting needles. Great hat pattern. Can't wait to see the end result.
have fun at the LNY party!
Fantastic job on the sweater! Wow! Enjoy lunar new year celebrations.
How sweet that he is wearing the sweater! It looks great! Have fun at your party!
Your sweater turned out beautifully! Can't wait to see the hat! Hope the roads are better for you today than they were for us last night.
I LOVE the sweater and the hat! I can knit scarves. That's it. One long strip - nothing beyond that. :) Maybe you can teach me more some day.
great job on that sweater! i'm super impressed!!!!
Oh WOW...that sweater is adorable...and even MORE adorable is your son wearing it! Nice work!
That hat looks splendid. Looking forward to seeing your version.
My knitting hobby has suffered greatly since Little D's arrival. I've done several bibs and started a scarf for him...but nothing that requires a pattern & nothing really creative. I miss it. I just don't see it fitting in right now. Some day I know I'll have more time for it again.
I would love a hat like that!
Post a Comment