Sunday, February 28, 2010

I am SO Ready for March!

Tomorrow is the first day of March and I have never been more ready to see February come to a close! It has been a long and tiring month and I am very much looking forward to sunny skies and warmer weather...and hopefully no more trips to the ER or Urgent Care Stations.

Today we unfortunately had to visit the Urgent Care again as Matthew had a little accident. He fell and his mouth hit one of his toys. OUCH! Picture screaming, blood, and a mother on the verge of freaking out and that is what the scene was like here this afternoon. Thankfully he only cut that little flap of skin between his top teeth and his upper lip and it should heal on its own. The poor little guy has a fat lip and I just felt so bad for him this afternoon. I hope that March will be injury and sickness free!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On a much brighter note...yesterday we got to go to a Korean Lunar New Year party and meet a bunch of new friends! It was so fun to see everyone, as well as all of the adorable children. It was funny to realize that I knew some of the people through their blogs (and they knew me!) or through forums. It was great to meet in real life!

The trip took about 1 hour 40 minutes. 20 minutes of it looked like this:


Aw, so happy with his bear blankie. Unfortunately the rest of the trip was less peaceful to say the least. Brad and I just had to laugh because we are going on a 14 hour car trip in a couple of months and we now think it may be the worst idea we've ever had :)

Once we arrived, things really picked up. Matthew ate and was much happier. He loved seeing all the other kids, and looked so handsome dressed in his hanbok.


So much cuteness in one room...!


Matthew surprised us yesterday by walking all over the place! He is usually kind of timid and cautious, still holding on to things a lot, but yesterday he was cruising all around the room. We were amazed and so proud of our boy!

The food was delicious and I was glad to have some Korean food again. I used to be so afraid to try new things but it turns out there are many Korean dishes I love. We had a wonderful time and were so glad we could get together with these families and make some new friends.

9 comments:

Kala said...

I am so with you on finally get past Feb!! Matthew looks adorable in his hanbok! He's such a cutie :)

Elizabeth Frick said...

What a fun celebration!
You guys truly deserve a break from illness and accidents! My goodness!
Oh, and the road trip thing? yeah... we've sworn off them for many, many years. 5 hours is our absolute maximum, and I'm not even doing that any time soon. Ugh.

everythingismeowsome said...

First of all, Matthew looks fabulous in his hanbok!! Secondly, Isaac tore that same flap of skin in his mouth and it was pretty miserable for a few days...however it did heal on its own just as the doc told me it would. So have patience! Hopefully March will be a much better month. As for the 14 hour car trip.....ouch. I agree with the other Elizabeth--5 hours is our max!!!

Karen said...

Rachel, it was great to finally meet you, your husband, and little Matthew in person! We had a great time at the party!! Matthew is truly adorable! I am sorry to hear about his lip...poor little guy has had quite a month! Lets hope that March will be a great one!

Britt said...

That sounds soo fun!!

Jenny said...

he's having such a hard time lately :( i'm SO GLAD to see march. i'll be even happier to see april! i know that sounds terrible. i'm wishing my months away... i'm just read for some WARM weather!!! looks like you had a great time at the Korean Lunar New Year!

BrandiB said...

Yes, come on Spring! I know you are glad to get a new beginning in March...hopefully it only gets better from here! Matthew looked so sweet in his hanbok!

Rachel said...

So cute!

Grace fell out of her highchair and ripped that skin too. I know what you mean A LOT of blood! So glad he is okay.

Megan said...

Matthew is SO cute! Sorry to hear about his poor little mouth. I learned when my Matthew was your Matthew's age that mouths can bleed alot and it is so scary! Car rides can be so fun, haha! Our Matthew was a pretty good traveler but I know our dear Alexis well not be on our trip to MI. I am sure you will be making lots of stops and your 14 hour trip will unfortunately be a little longer than 14 hours, but as long as you keep laughing it will be a great memory (even though you will probably still be inspired to save for airline tickets for your next trip, haha).