Monday, September 07, 2009

Up On the Roof and Moving Day

We had a very productive Labor Day weekend!

Brad and Chad helped with a roofing project at Brad's dad's house...


I stayed home and enjoyed my quiet time, doing some cleaning, writing thank you cards, and reading my book out in the sunroom. Brad put up twinkle lights in there for me...it is for sure my favorite room in the house now!


Today was a big day for my family as my youngest sister, Sarah, moved to college! She is the last one so I'm sure it is a bit strange at home for Mom and Dad tonight. She is attending a college nearby where my sister, Joanna, and I went 8 years ago. It was a strange feeling to be moving Sarah in...it feels like a lifetime ago that I was in college! That was a wonderful time of life, and I just know Sarah is going to have so much fun, but the first few days away from home can be a bit brutal. I'm feeling very motherly tonight, worrying about her, hoping she is okay, and wondering if she has everything she needs!

My little sister is all grown up!

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

Love the twinkle lights!

Leah said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I love the lights! So nice! :=D

Rach@In His Hands said...

College does seem like a lifetime ago....but such great memories. How great that your sis is going to college close to you!

Megan said...

Is Sarah on our old floor? I hope that you told her if she needed her room rearranged that we are real awesome at that! I hope she makes great friendships where she feels close enough to those friends that she can steal their underwear and wear them on her head all while singing a song she wrote for such an occassion(or the other way around).

Tamara said...

She is going to love it!
You're a great big sis. :)

Britt said...

I thought about her all day too!!! I hope she has the time of her life - I know I did!