Ready for more pictures?? :) It was so hard to pick out just a few to share - these last couple of days have been filled with amazing memories and special moments, and we are just soaking it all in and enjoying getting to know Matthew.
The transition is going really well so far, better than we anticipated I think. He has taken to both Brad and I very quickly and is willing to be comforted by both of us. I must add at this point that I am married to the most amazing man and it has been incredible to see him become a daddy! He is so hands on and it's been so wonderful to work together through this time.
Nighttimes have been the hardest so far as we expected, but they really haven't been bad. Matthew was used to sleeping with his foster mother so for now we are just doing a lot of holding and we are letting him sleep on us at night on the couch. It is working okay so far and we *hope* to begin transitioning to the crib soon! We were excited that he actually slept 20 minutes in the crib yesterday! There is hope!
But for now, who can be upset that they get to spend time doing this:

Or this:
Matthew is enjoying his new toys and likes to play and chew with everything!
He is such a little sweetie!
He absolutely loves our Ergo baby carrier! This thing is a life saver - he loves to be held while you walk but I've gotta say, he's quite a heavy little guy and these momma's arms are getting a workout already! The Ergo really helps take the pressure off my back and arms, and Matthew and I can still be together :)
And speaking of melting my heart...here's our handsome boy!
This is the first picture we have of him smiling! He likes the Exersaucer!
My happy little boy:
We are so thankful that Matthew is doing so well. He has been through a lot in the last few days, and we know he is grieving for his foster family. On the way home from the airport he cried for about the last hour and just kept saying, "Omma" which means Mother in Korean. Talk about breaking your heart - I cried right along with him, knowing how sad and confused he was. He has still cried for her a couple of times since then, but much less, and seems to be finding comfort in Brad and I. We are so thankful to have him here and are enjoying every minute of this!!!!









17 comments:
Things will get easier as time goes on. Love You all Love seeing the pictures.
He is a beautiful boy! So happy for you!
I just love his smile! So cute! I'm glad things are going well. Thanks for more pics- keep 'em coming!!!
I LOVED seeing those pictures!!!! It sounds like you guys are doing a wonderful job! He is so precious!
oh i can't wait for snuggle time... that seems like THE BEST!
He is such a precious little guy! He looks so happy, I am sure he really loves being with you and Brad. I cant wait to see the crawling race between him and Ben. (I think Matthew will win :-) Give him hugs and kisses from all of us. Love you guys
Amanda
Stan and Sue here....Its the ABSOLUTE BEST, Rachel and Brad, and Matthew looks fantastic! Sue and I (Stan) are SOOO happy for you!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!
what precious pictures! he looks so comfy in his mommy and daddy's arms! LOVE THAT!!! We are excited to get to meet him!
What a cutie! Glad everything is going so well!
ooh Rach - it looks like soo much fun
Looks like you are having a great time!
Everyone on my ladies retreat wanted me to tell your story over and over. It brings us all such JOY!
Hi Rachel (and Brad!). I got your blogspot address from Tamara tonight at small group. I don't know if this comment will post b/c I never can figure these things out! Anyway, I sat here and bawled while reading your recent blog updates and seeing pictures of your precious Matthew. It is an amazing thing! I was praying for his little heart and life and for you guys as you adjust to this wonderful new phase of life! I love the picture of you at the airport seeing him for the fist time - amazing how you can love someone so much that you are about to meet for the first time! It is written all over your faces! We are utterly thrilled for you and for him to have the privilege of having you as parents! Praying for you.
Love,
Missy and Benjamin
Things look like they are going great!!! He is so darn cute!!! Enjoy your time together!! You guys are in our thoughts and thanks for posting all the pics I love seeing them and watching your journey!!!
Amy
Welcome back! Your son is beautiful. Congrats to you guys. I'm so happy for you. :-D
I'm so happy for you guys! He's absolutely beautiful! Congratulations again!!!!
Loving the pictures! I'm so happy he's adjusting well! Such a cutie! :)
Brought tears to my eyes. I remember Grace crying out for her Omma too...Oh my how it totally breaks your heart and fills you with emotions you never knew you could have. Each day will get better, I know you are strong and probebly tired, just hang in there. Thinking of you.
Post a Comment