Monday, September 14, 2009

Today's Stuff

Today's news: I finally had that doctor's appointment for my knee and I am cleared to keep running! Apparently it is my IT band (which he explained all about but I didn't really understand...of course, I still nodded and acted like it totally made sense!). Anyway, he gave me a cortisone shot and I've been feeling pretty good tonight! In a few days I should be good as new! The 1/2 marathon is still on, unless..


Well, you know what I'm praying for :)

At the start of our adoption journey, I saw this t-shirt on a website that said:

WARNING:

I'm in love with a child that I haven't met yet.

I'm in the process of adoption.

I am subject to cry at any moment.

Please bear with me until I'm on the plane to Korea.

When I first saw this I thought RIDICULOUS! I will never be like that! I will never be subject to cry at any moment. I will be patient and trust the Lord and I will not be ridiculous about this.

I am now thinking about ordering one of these t-shirts. :)

No, not really - although it might be a good warning for everyone around me at the moment! What I mean is, this is harder than I thought it would be, and harder than it seems it should be. Getting a new picture of Matthew last week was the best gift ever!!!! I loved seeing his beautiful face again and I am so very excited to hold him in my arms. I think I can honestly say that I trust the Lord more now than I did at the beginning of this process, because I have had to depend on Him so fully, so I know that in His time Matthew will be with us, and I know that He will give me what I need to hang on for these last few weeks until he arrives. I am dreaming of that day all the time now! I continue to marvel at the amazing things the Lord has done for us and am so so grateful for this journey.

And the best is yet to come!

6 comments:

Angela said...

I KNEW it was your IT band---that stinkin thing! Have your hubby massage it nice and hard--it kills but helps so much!

Much Ado said...

The best is yet to come, you couldn't have said it better.

Glad you got the all clear from the doctor.

Jenny said...

glad your knee is better now!!! i'm praying you won't be able to run though ;-)

Leah said...

That sure is actually pretty darn accurate. Glad your knee is better. :-D

Tamara said...

Ha ha. You are always subject to cry at any moment. :)
Love you!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Now you can do a google search on IT band exercises. Hope your knee is feeling better! : )