Wednesday, September 09, 2009

A New Project

I am getting ready to take on a new challenge:
my very first sewing project!

My friend Katie assures me that we will be able to turn this fabric:



into curtains for Matthew's room!

I think that might require a minor miracle...

But I am excited to learn to sew and glad
to have a friend to help me :)

I hope she is patient, and I hope she is still my friend
when this project is complete!

I can't wait to share pictures of the nursery!!

9 comments:

Much Ado said...

ah, yes, sewing. As I was taking up the curtains in my daughters room I was really wishing I had more artistic flair/skill....that or that my sister didn't live in a completely different country, she is a sewing whizz!

Great that you have your friend to help you and sewing is a skill I would really love to have! So useful.....the material is BEAUTIFUL, by the way....Matthew's little room is going to be gorgeous!

Much Ado said...

still praying you won't be running that half marathon!

Jenny said...

i can't wait to see the end result!

Rachelle said...

Fun! I did a bunch of sewing... that's until my machine broke and I've been to lazy to get it fixed.... Someday... Have fun! Can't wait to see pics of the new room!

Bekah said...

Very nice! I can't wait to see them all done!

Tamara said...

You will do GREAT! I sewed all the curtains in my living room without anny sewing experience before, so it can be done! :)

Britt said...

You better get on that! You don't have much time!! I believe in you!!

Our Family said...

They're going to turn out amazing! I just know it! I really like the fabric too. Good choice! I can't wait to start this project with you. It's going to be fun. And don't worry! I'll love you no matter what!

Leah said...

I love that fabric. The colors are great. Good luck with the sewing. :-D