Tuesday, September 08, 2009

10 Miles!

In High School, I wasn't on any sports teams.
I was part of the Math Club.

"Athletic" and "Sporty" aren't words I would use
to describe myself - ever.

But today I did something I never, ever dreamed I could do.

I ran 10 miles!


Thank you to my dear friend Kristy who sacrificed her time to join me on her rollerblades while I ran. I owe you big time, Kristy!

It is hard to believe that a year and a half ago when I started running again, I could barely run for 1 1/2 minutes without getting out of breath. And today I ran for over 2 hours. Woah.

It is also hard to believe that I used to just put on a pair of shoes and run.

And now I have to plan the night before and take all this stuff:


I'm feeling a bit like a real live runner tonight :)

I hope I can walk tomorrow!

14 comments:

Kristy said...

May I just say that right now, my booty isn't too happy with me... but at 5am I will be in the dungeon making it even madder!!

I had tons of fun. Thank you for letting me go with you!

Angela said...

way to go!!!

kelly said...

Impressive! Makes me want to start running :)

Much Ado said...

Wooohooo!!! Good for you, what a great achievement! :)

Jenny said...

congrats! what a great accomplishment!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Oh.My.Goodness lady! That's crazy. And wonderful good.

Melissa B. said...

Hey, nice work! Did I tell you that you inspired me to start running? I'm really more of a 'cyclist' (absolutely amateur of course) but thought if my fellow high school 'no sports teams ever' buddy could do it, I should try it too. Of course, I'm only doing about 5K right now but there is something (dare I say it?) fun about it. So thanks!

Megan said...

Great work!

Rachel said...

You rock! You are truly my insparation. But don't expect me to run a half marathon! At least not for a few years. :)

Bekah said...

Way to go! This is just awesome!

Rachelle said...

10 miles! You Go Girl! You are a real live runner! Congrats!

Leah said...

Good for you! That's awesome! I run for 5 minutes and I'm tired, so I'm really impressed by 2 hours of running! Amazing. :-D

Angela said...

You rock!!! We just did 10 miles biking and 4 miles running and it was almost kind of easy!!! It gives me hope for the race on Sunday!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Hmm... Former math team member and ten mile runner - I bet you can do math while you run - unlike some of us! ; )