Four years ago we began our journey to become parents. Along the way, the road twisted and turned, and for a while it seemed that it would never end.
But tomorrow, the waiting will end...and we will become mommy and a daddy to the most precious boy we could imagine! It is still hard to wrap my head around this, and the emotions of the last couple of days have been overwhelming. It's hard to put into words how blessed I feel right now.
Tomorrow around noon we leave for the airport! We have friends and family going with us, and I am looking forward to meeting our son with so much anticipation. I believe that right now he is at the airport in Seoul, ready to get on the plane. I am praying for our sweet boy, that he is not scared, that it will not be a difficult flight, and that he will be at peace.
I thought I'd share a few pictures of some of the transformations around our house. This weekend we got a new bookcase, got his toys all ready, put out his books...

We also finished (for the most part) Matthew's room! I love how peaceful it feels and I cannot wait to be rocking my little boy in that chair!
Tonight I packed a diaper bag for the first time in my life! It was so much fun to realize we are finally going to be using all of this stuff we've been gathering for him for so long!
Today I heard the song that became the theme of my "waiting" time - it is called "Worship in the Waiting" by FFH. It was so amazing to hear it come on the radio today, after not hearing it for months and months. It was like the end of a chapter of my life...and the beginning of a wonderful new chapter!
"I will worship in the waiting
I will walk these sands beneath my feet
Though the winter winds are blowing
The ground is not frozen underneath
I will worship and not grow bitter
Cause I know You see the end of it all
With the spring will come the rain
And I'll see what was gained
In the waiting"
I thought about those days when I cried and cried and wanted so badly to become a mommy...God saw my tears, and heard my prayers, and I know He saw the end of it all - He saw tomorrow! How thankful I am for this amazing journey and for God's grace that has carried me through.





20 comments:
Isn't God amazing???!?!?!? You are going to be a fantastic mom---you ALREADY ARE!!! And God placed you guys all together as a family because He knew you all needed each other. So beautiful!
In about a year I'm thinking we will be beginning this journey, so I will have billions of questions for you no doubt---Love you my friend---I am praying you can fully soak in each moment of tomorrow and that the Lord will BLESS your time as you and Brad meet Matthew for the first time:) Can't wait to see the pictures and hear the stories and to continue to pray for you!!!
OMGoodness, I cannot wait to see he pictures of his homecoming!!!!
Abbey, Karen, and I are so happy for you. As I write this I look at the clock and I know that you are anxious, nervous, excited, amazed, etc; as you only have a few hours to go before you and Brad leave for Chicago. GOD has seen you this far and He will continue to be with you and your son. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you throughout the day. We love you so much.
Love,
Chuck
i can't wait to see matthew in your arms!!! God is GOOD! the words to that FFH song are PERFECT! i have to go find it and listen to it! i haven't listened to FFH since i was a teenager... i've been missing out!
i can't wait to see matthew in your arms!!! God is GOOD! the words to that FFH song are PERFECT! i have to go find it and listen to it! i haven't listened to FFH since i was a teenager... i've been missing out!
Here's hoping that plane is on time :)
Oh this is sooooo exciting! I'm so thrilled for you guys & can't wait to see pictures! I'll be thinking about you guys! Yay!!!!
Today is finally here! Praise the Lord!
How very exciting that the day your baby was brought into your world would be such a spriritual one. God heard your prayers. You were not forgotten! Blessed be the name of the Lord!
He saw today!!!!!!!
Just a few more hours! Congratulations!
I had so much trouble sleeping last night bc I was thinking about you and Matthew and am just so excited for you! God is so faithful, isn't He? Have an amazing day and please, please give your sweet son a squishy hug and a kiss for me! I'll be praying for you and thinking about you today! Please call if you need anything at all! Love you, Rachel!
So excited for today! Got my camera ready!!!
P.S. Are you going to change your blog name?
I'm praying for you both today adn as i write this i have goosebumps thinking of you getting ready to meet Matthew for the first time. Enjoy the ride, both to chicago and the ride of parenthood. Don't forget its a journey, a marathon, not a sprint. Take it a day at a time and love your little man with the love of Christ. We are so happy for you!!!
The Potters
Rachel,
I am SO excited for today! What a journey! Praise the Lord for his faithfulness!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!!! I am praying for a wonderful meeting and that your boy will cling to you and Brad quickly and easily! A new journey is begining and it is going to be awesome! Love you my best girl!
Today is a great day!!!
I wish you a very safe trip. I'm so happy for you. :-D
God is great!!! I can not wait to see his homecoming pictures
Congratulations! We will be praying for your new family!!
Rejoicing with you today, Rachel!!
So I've been thinking about you and Brad and little Matthew ALL DAY LONG!!! I've been praying for not just your initial meeting time, but just the overall bonding experience---I am so thrilled to think He is in your arms at this very moment!!!! Oh I can't wait to see pictures and here all the details!!! Love you!!!
Post a Comment