Sigh. I don't want to be in the waiting anymore. I'm having one of those weeks...and the days feel like they are dragging on. My emotions are so near to the surface, but on the bright side I did NOT cry at ANY point today :)
Hey, it's a pretty big accomplishment right now!
But wait I must, so while I'm waiting I am trying to continue to enjoy the "getting ready" phase. We've been working on the nursery, and once I put away all the lovely new baby clothes we got at a recent shower and find the floor again I may even share some pictures!
This weekend was wonderful! My sister and I headed home to Canada where my Mom and their church (which used to be my church) gave me a lovely baby shower! I was so overwhelmed by everyone who came and the love that they showed me. My mother-in-law, her sister, and my sister-in-law were able to come as well which was very special.
I could not believe all of the goodies we received! So many lovely things - toys, clothes, special books and photo frames. I can't wait to tell Matthew about all the people who were so excited to meet him!




Other than that, not much going on here really. I've still been running (although I am praying daily that I will NOT be able to make it to the 1/2 marathon on Sept 27th because of Matthew being here by then!). This week I did 6 miles on Saturday, 5 miles on Tuesday, and 4 miles tonight.
I am scheduled to run 10 miles on Saturday!!!! This is my longest run in my training schedule...and I know I can do it :) That is quite the feeling!

12 comments:
the shower looks like it was awesome! so fun! i'm hoping you get that call soon and you miss your marathon!
Praying you get to miss that marathon.
Hang in there!!! Matthew will be here before you know it!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for a TC!!!! :)
I hope you miss the marathon as well & you get that travel call very soon. All of this waiting is just so difficult sometimes. Just keep picturing that beautiful moment when Matthew is placed in your arms for the first time...definitely something worth waiting for! :)
Oh man, i wish I knew about that shower, I definitely would have made it to Chatham for that. You should feel priveleged - I try to find any excuse possible to not go to Chatham! Looks like it was fun!
Waiting for something so very important would be so very hard! But soon, very soon!
I hope your run is pain-free. I would stop if it hurts, though. It's better than running through pain (unless it's just a little pain that quickly goes away). Exercise is good for stressful days. : )
I am so happy for you. I can't wait to see pics of the nursery. It is exciting keeping "busy" with the getting ready. Your call when come soon.
today is your 10 miles day!!!! Praying that you really really enjoy it:) If you can do this, the half marathon is IN THE BAG!!!
Hey its your cousin amy down in kansas. Congrats on all the news. Gald to hear everything is going well for you guys. love ya all, and enjoy life.
Yeah I love that half of my family was there for you!! Yeah - I miss Dana and Kathy! I haven't seen them since my wedding.... We have an amazing church family (I haven't given them up yet- I'm too attached still)!
Praying that you won't be running that half marathon. I was the same as you, I had planned to do a marathon at the end of October but was hoping I wouldn't run it because of our adoption.....so now I will be praying the same for you. Hang in there and enjoy as much as you can of the "getting ready" stage. Praying that your precious son will be with you soon.
Ha ha! I'm praying you miss your marathon too! Although if you need a babysitter... :)
Post a Comment