Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Oh the Nothingness of it All

I'm back! I haven't really been gone, I've just been....chillin'. I have had plenty of time when I could blog the last few days, but I just kept putting it off because I didn't have anything to say.

Unfortunately, that has not changed. But lucky for you - I'm here anyway!

I think it's time for some random bullet points :)

  • On Monday I think I did 7 loads of laundry. It amazed me that we still had other clean clothes to wear. And that I couldn't remember the last time I'd done laundry...

  • Daisie keeps tricking us into thinking she is out of the puppy phase, only to prove very clearly that she is not. Yesterday while I was in the shower, she shredded two of Brad's Nascar magazines. Apparently she and I have similar feelings towards racing.

  • We are cancelling cable tomorrow in an effort to save more money towards the adoption. This may not seem like a big deal to many people, but to us it is MAJOR. We watch too much t.v. - I will admit it. So this is a big step for us towards saving money and setting ourselves free from the grip of the box that claims too many hours of our day. Gulp. Does it make me a bad person that I am sad to say good-bye to cable???? Don't answer that.

  • I am THANKFUL for so many things (and people) this week: the headaches are gone and I'm feeling great; my sisters who are ALWAYS there for me; my dear friends who made me toast, bought me a scarf, and prayed for me when I was feeling lousy; the lovely chocolate bar sitting in my cupboard that was brought all the way from England just for me; my sweet little nephew who has already stolen my heart; and the Lord's faithfulness and patience with me.

  • Brad and I have started eating fruits and vegetables this week. I wish I could write that we've started eating more fruits and vegetables, but unfortunately that would be a lie. Lately the only fruits I have been eating are ones that begin with "chocolate covered" and the only vegetables Brad has been eating are ones that came on top of a pizza. But we are making a change!

Hopefully I will be back soon with something more interesting to report! Until then I will leave you with a random picture:

Me and Brad (2006). It is so weird to see him with facial hair! The day he shaved it off, I screamed really loud!

1 comments:

Tamara said...

I love the randomness of this post. It feels like one of our many e-mails.
I totally forgot what Brad looked like with facial hair! freaked me out!