Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Thoughts of Warmer Days

It is a difficult thing to admit, but I was, at one point in my life, a "Trekkie". I used to love the show "Star Trek - The Next Generation". One of my favorite things in the show was how they could just "beam" themselves to other places. Howcome it is the year 2009 and that is still not possible? All the old shows seemed to imply that things like that would be possible by now!

So I was thinking tonight...where would I beam myself to?

Normally I would come up with some thoughtful answer and beam myself somewhere that would have a great impact on my life or the life of others...but not tonight!

Tonight I have decided I would beam myself here:


Of course, I would beam Brad with me. Nobody wants to be beamed alone. Well, except for some of the mothers I know who have several small children...

For the last few weeks I have been YEARNING (yes, I said yearning) to be lying somewhere on a beach. I think about it nearly every day. Which is funny because truth be told I have never been much of a beach person. I have often scrunched up my nose at the thought of planning a vacation to a beachy type place.

Apparently I have had a change of heart. Oh how I long for sunshine!

I think the sun was shining today - I saw it through the window - but unfortunately this is how I spent my day:



Curled up on the couch with a sinus infection.

Longing for the beach...

6 comments:

Sunnymama said...

I found your blog through hopping around of course and we are adopting from Korea. So wanted to join along on your journey too.

Rach@In His Hands said...

Me too!!!!! Definitely yearning. :-)

Tamara said...

I would love to be beamed there too, and I'm a winter person! I feel the need for sun in my bones!
I'm sorry you have a sinus infection. I was so bummed to not see you last night. Get better already!!!

Kristy said...

I am also "yearning", in a major way. If you and Brad do beam there, could you just beam me too?? K, thanks.

Rachelle said...

beam me too.....

kristykh said...

Hey Rachel! I'm glad you stumbled upon my blog and I could be of some inspiration. I loved doing the 365 project! It was a great way to make yourself take a picture everyday, which in turn, gives you lots of practice. I debated doing it again this year but have started a photography business and just didn't want to make the commitment. Now I'm just randomly blogging. I think I've posted more pictures already this year than if I had done only one a day. They just aren't as diverse. Good luck with your 365! Are you posting them here or another blog? I would love to peek every now and then.
-Kristy