Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Not Fast Enough

Ah, the wonders of technology. It is hard to imagine what we used to do before cameras had a self-timer. How did couples get pictures of themselves when they didn't have someone to take their picture? Now that I type that, it seems like a pretty obvious answer - they didn't!

Wow, it's been a long day.

I was looking at our pictures today and found a few "classics" that I just had to share. Please feel free to enjoy a laugh at my expense :)

The first...taken last summer while trying to get some nice photos for our adoption stuff. And along came a gust of wind...


Then there's this picture, taken on a beach in Traverse City while we were on vacation there a couple of years ago. I set the timer, raced over to Brad as fast as I could...and almost fell over when I got there! Can you see me face?

Please allow me to blow that up larger for you. Needless to say, we had to try that one again!

My favorite by far was taken this week. My sister Joanna came over to hang out and watch a movie and I needed my "picture of the day". So I set up the camera, pushed the timer button...


...and almost made it back to the couch before it took the picture! Flattering, I know :)

The best part is how much I freak out when I push the timer button. If I would just walk calmly over to be in the picture I would probably have no problem!

But then what would I blog about?

2 comments:

Tamara said...

You make the BEST freak out faces!

Megan said...

Oh those are great! I love that you posted those because it is more like seeing you in real life. Not that you always make those "Am I going to actually make it into the picture" looks, but it is definitely more fun to see some pictures where you aren't posed perfectly!