I just got home from a wonderful praise night at youth group and am now watching American Idol, drinking a cup of Ovaltine, and blogging. Life is good :)
I am SO happy to say that the Lord has answered my prayers (and the prayers of many dear friends) and my headache is G-O-N-E!!!! The crazy part - it disappeared before I started taking my medicine. Totally a God thing!
Still, I started taking the meds last night as a preventative. I was looking over the lovely list of side effects and noticed a couple of strange ones that I have never seen on any medication I've taken before.
1. Excess sweating. Um, that is just gross.
2. An increased appetite especially for sweets. Oh dear.
I am wondering if someone has been drugging me with this medication for years...because I seem to have always had an increased appetite for sweets. At least now I have a valid reason for it...
So if you see me with a donut in one hand, a chocolate bar in the other, and sweaty armpits...now you know why.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Adoption Update - I hope I did not get your hopes up. I really do not have much news to report. But I did want to say that as of tomorrow we will have been on the waiting list for SIX MONTHS!!!! Time is passing, sometimes more slowly than I would like, but the day is coming!
People keep asking me what comes next (and by the way, I am never annoyed when people ask about the adoption - it shows me that they care and are interested in our lives and I love it!). So I thought I would just tell a little more about what we are waiting for.
We hope *so much* that maybe by the end of the summer or sometime in the fall we will receive what is called a referral. This is the time when we are matched with a child. We will get their picture, any medical information they have about them, background info, etc. I'm guessing that at this point the waiting will become almost unbearable :) After this, it will still be 3-6 months until we can bring them home (paperwork and immigration stuff I think). And then...our baby will be here!
And I will need to rename my blog! I think I might name it, "I Never Want to Wait for Anything Ever Again..!" Although I'm guessing that by that point the waiting part will have faded away and I will be writing that it was totally worth the wait :) Maybe I will rename my blog, "Waiting? What Waiting?"
Oh, how I long for that day.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Tomorrow night I will be going to see the David Crowder Band in concert!!!! Our friends, Chris and Mindy, won tickets from a local radio station and they invited us to go with them! We are so excited :) I just love live concerts!
They won backstage passes too. The crazy part is that another good friend, Tamara, won tickets too on a different station! So we are all going to be there and hopefully we can sit together.
Do you ever sit down to publish a short little zippy post...and then end up with a great big long one? That seems to be happening to me tonight! Sorry!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
An Adoption Update, Concert Tickets, and A Strange Side Effect (But Not in that order)
Thoughts from Rachel at 5:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Rachel, the side effects to your medicine were cracking me up! That one about the sweets almost sounds like you were making it up. I think my vitamins have that side effect too, haha! So glad to hear your headaches are better without the sweet craving meds! I am so happy that you put up an adoption update. I was wondering about the expected timing and it is good to know you don't mind questions about it!
I am so excited about the concert tonight!
It is general admission, so we should be able to be next to each other. :)
Have fun at the concert!
I think I too will feel the same as you when our baby comes home from China! We have already been waiting for over 2 years...and I often think I never want to wait for anything ever again...but I know all the pain of the wait will just disappear when I hold my baby in my ams.....
So happy your headaches are gone!
Weekend of March 13th Chad is gone to a confrence. Maybe we could hook up then.
Enjoy the Concert!!!
Ha! I almost spit out my water when I read your medicine side effects!!!!
Congrats on being 6 MONTHS in! Wahoo!!!!! Praying that you only have a little ways to go!
Enjoy the concert - so fun!
Post a Comment