Monday, February 09, 2009

Look over to the right - I have a new button!!!! My friend, Rachel, is hosting "The Year of the Scarf" bloggy carnival (which obviously you can read right on the button!). Now, I am pretty new to these "bloggy carnival" things. I think what it means is that on March 2nd, we all post our scarf pictures on our blogs and Rachel will have links to our blogs from hers. If I am wrong about that...well, nobody will really be that surprised.

This means I have to buy a scarf. The new scarf trend is one of my favorites. I am not normally what you would call "trendy"...I'm usually at least a year or two behind in these things. I held off from capris for a good 3 years (mini pants? Who wants those?). But I think I might actually be able to do this one!

As for life around here...the weekend was lovely and I am so enjoying the sunshine! Brad and I took Daisie for two walks this weekend at a local park. Very enjoyable...very muddy!


This week is a busy one as we are excitedly preparing for our annual Daytona party. Racing season is back and Nascar is dominating the television once again. Sigh. But I must say I do enjoy seeing my husband getting all giddy. It's pretty cute (in a manly way of course!).

So the week ahead promises to hold lots of cleaning, grocery shopping, and maybe some baking. And then on Sunday...the house will be full of excited Nascar fans (and me) for an afternoon of fun and laughter and good food. I will begrudgingly admit it - I love the Daytona party!!!

2 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Ha Ha! Mini pants... :)

Have a fun weekend!

Oh - and I would LOVE love to take a photographer class together! We'll look into it!

Rachel said...

Thanks for helping spread the word about my little bloggy carnival.

Can't wait for this weekend. Well, strike that. I can't wait for Sunday. Not so thrilled about the guys Wii-ing all day on Saturday, but I know Chad is. I am not sure what I am going to bring yet. Do you have any requests?