Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Most Important of All

I hope to be able to do several things this coming year, but none are more important than this: to know Jesus Christ more deeply, to walk more closely with Him, and to learn what it means to abide in Him. My new year's prayer comes from an old hymn that I love:

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.


A verse that has stood out to me as I have thought about this is James 4:8 - "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." What an amazing promise! I am so looking forward to this next year. I do not know what it will hold, but I am more confident than ever that no matter what comes, I can trust in His faithfulness!

Happy New Year, everyone!!!

1 comments:

Jayme said...

Thank you for making a comment on my blog. It is so great to meet others that are "waiting in faith" for their little girl/boy. We are on the girls list and it looks like we have been waiting about the same time. Bring home Briar and I are through the same agency. Isn't it great to see babies come home? I pray for a speedy referral for you and Brad. Blessings to you and your family.
Jayme