Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Honesty...It Really Is the Best Policy!


Thank you, Wendi, for thinking I am honest on my blog! I try to be :) So now I am supposed to share 10 honest things about myself...this may be more than you ever wanted to know about me!


1. I ate that entire 1 pound chocolate bar by myself in just over a week.

2. For the last three years I have struggled with insomnia. I used to be very afraid of going to bed (I know that sounds crazy but it's true!) because I knew I would just lie there awake for hours. It's starting to get better and usually I can sleep before 1am now.

3. I get sick almost every time I travel. Which is funny because I love to travel! I think I just get all worked up and anxious. Anyway, when she found out we were adopting, my little sister Sarah commented that I had to travel to Korea to pick up our child so that I could throw up in another country! My list to date includes Canada, America, Guatemala, Uganda, England, and almost Mexico but not quite :)

4. My biggest heart-wound ever came from a boy who asked me to marry him and then changed his mind six months later. Ouch! However...the biggest blessing in my life also came from this (also known as Brad!). So I guess I can say...it was worth it :)

5. I am exceedingly hard on myself about anything and everything. I am learning to LET IT GO!

6. I spend way too much time worrying what people think of me.

7. I hate saying no when people ask me to do something for them (because of number 6).

8. I find it hard to trust people (because of number 4) but I am blessed to have found several friends in the last few years who are helping me to get over this fear.

9. Sometimes when I laugh really hard, I snort.

10. Out of my whole life, I am the most content right now with where I am and who I am. Not that I want to stay where I am or who I am...but I'm finally at peace with both :) Most of the time!

I am supposed to pass this award along to 7-10 people, but to be honest, most of the people who's blogs I read have already done this or been tagged! So I'm going to tag my buddy Angela...because I know she'll be honest!

3 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Yay! I know this isn't an easy one to do - you did great! :) I almost felt bad passing this one on, because of that very reason.

I'm glad I did though! Getting to know you better is a very good thing! :)

Kristy said...

You are awesome. Loved the post. Very, very good!!

Angela said...

thanks for sending it to me:) Are you glad you made my list??