Monday, December 29, 2008

I Love a Challenge!

I am back home after a lovely few days with my family. It seriously felt like I was at the spa or something! It is so wonderful to be able to relax without the pressures or work or feeling like I should be cleaning or doing the checkbook or whatever else....just to sit and drink a cup of tea (or seven!). We arrived home last night, unloaded the car, and went to bed! This morning I awoke to a house that looked like one massive Christmas present explosion. So the cleaning began...

Ah well, the relaxing was good while it lasted!

I wanted to share about a couple of exciting new projects I am starting for the coming year. The first is called Project 365 and I found out about it through my scrapbook magazine. I am going to take one picture a day for the next 365 days (well, I started yesterday and will go through the end of next year) and will be buying the kit that goes with this project. I thought this would be an interesting year to have a picture from every day as it is the year I turn 30, and hopefully the year I become a mom :)

What I love about this project is how easy it is! Basically, you just slip the photos into the pages, write a short journaling thing explaining the picture, and you're done! I am looking forward to being free from the overwhelmed feeling of having to scrap all my pictures, and to having time to get caught up scrapping last year's pictures! It is perfect for me and I am so excited to see how it turns out. (If you are interested you can check out Becky Higgin's blog for more info).

I started yesterday and here are my pictures so far:

Sunday: Family picture - I am so blessed!


Monday: This is what Brad is up to today while I catch up on the essentials of laundry and blogging :) He is putting a new door on the bedroom that we hope to make into the nursery. So glad I vacuumed before he started this project...woops!

Tomorrow I will write about another big challenge that I am hoping to work towards in 2009. Notice I do not call them New Year's Resolutions...too much pressure if I call them that!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wii should have a GREAT picture for Wednesday! :) Sounds fun! It will be awesome for your new little one to know how you spent the year that they arrived.

I am sooo excited about New Year Eve!

Rach@In His Hands said...

I'm doing this TOO!! I'm making a separate blog just for the project. I like you're idea of doing a scrapbook - I may try that! I'm going to start on the 1st!