Saturday, December 06, 2008

It Shouldn't Be This Difficult!

This year I decided to be a grown up and send out some Christmas cards. I have a lot of family in England and Wales as well as friends and family in Canada so I thought I'd write a nice little letter and send a photo card.

Sounds easy enough, right?

That's what I thought too!

My mother-in-law had recently given me a copy of a picture of me and Brad (or is it Brad and I? Please don't judge me because I am bad with grammar!) and it was very nice so I thought that I would use that picture. She emailed it to me, I saved it and went online where I uploaded it to Walmart and ordered 20 copies.

I was pretty disappointed when I picked them up the next day, because they were all blurry! It looked like I had lego blocks for teeth! This would not do. This is probably the only picture of me that some of my relatives have seen in years. I cannot have lego block teeth!

Now I had 20 blurry pictures of me and Brad.

I figured it was because I zoomed in on the picture, so I decided to try again without zooming. This time I ordered from Walgreens (just in case Walmart was the culprit).

An hour later (I was starting to have a time crunch now because these things needed to be in the mail soon to make it to England by Christmas) I rushed to Walgreens to pick them up.

Lego blocks again! What in the world?!?!?!

Now I have 40 blurry pictures of me and Brad.

I decided to try one last time, and this time had my mother-in-law order them from me. I wondered if it had to do with the fact that the picture had been emailed.

This time it turned out fine! My Christmas cards are ready to go and I am sick to death of this picture of me and Brad:



Would anybody like these 40 copies of me with lego block teeth? Maybe I should have a contest and they could be the prize....

4 comments:

Megan said...

That is so funny! I am glad you finally got some pictures that weren't blurry. Every year I always think I am going to be an adult and send out Christmas cards, but I haven't yet. Maybe I will grow up next year.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

That's alot of pictures my friend! :)

Glad you finally got some good ones. :)

By the way - I have an award and FUN (partially facetious here) meme for you to do. Check it out on my blog. :)

Angela said...

PLEASE I WANT THE LEGO TEETH PICTURE!!!!!

Tamara said...

I think you don't have to pay for them if they don't turn out well.
Congrats on growing up! :)