Saturday, April 30, 2011

Things to Not Do Before a 10 Mile Run

Going to the zoo is always a fun time!

Yesterday Matthew and I headed to the zoo

for the first time this season

and we both spent the day smiling.

What I didn't think about:

the fact that I had a 10 mile run planned for today!

Spending the day walking

(in brand new shoes that gave me blisters)

the day before my long run

was not the best idea I've ever had.

Still, we had a great time!


We met up with Brad, who was helping out at the zoo for the day

(it was Arbor Day and he is a forester)

and we had so much fun watching Matthew enjoy the animals.

He loved the tiger so much!


Today was my last long run before the half marathon!

Even with the blisters, it went very well.

My friend Hayley is running it with me,

and I don't think I could have done it without her.

We finished 10 miles in 1 hour 51 minutes.

That is 20 minutes faster than the last time I ran 10 miles!

(I've only done that twice).

I think we are ready for the race next Sunday :)

Half marathon, here I come!

3 comments:

Arlona said...

Good for you, Rachel! Congratulations and wear comfortable shoes this week or no shoes when you can. Let the blisters heal. Glad that you have an encouraging friend running with you. Go, girls!

Elizabeth Frick said...

YAY!!! Congrats on a run well-done. And good luck next week! Be sure to rest rest rest this week!

Kala said...

Good for you. I love Matthew's hat!!