I can't believe I forgot. Somehow in all the excitement of Matthew coming home and of, you know, being a mom, I forgot all about those last few months before he was here.
I forgot about how crazy with excitement I was.
I forgot how I would lay awake at night for hours thinking about him and about what it would be like to have him in my arms.
I forgot how I would stalk the mailman...and my email...and the adoption forums, always hoping for a glimpse of good news.
I forgot how I would check my phone a million times a day just to make sure it was on, and that I hadn't missed a call.
I forgot about the nesting, the cleaning, the list-making.
Today, it all came back to me in a rush. Because I am so there again. Keeping my mind on other things is such a challenge these days. Tonight I organized Matthew and Nathan's room in preparation for putting up the crib again. And then since that wasn't enough, I cleaned out the cupboard in the bathroom. And went through all our kids books weeding out ones we don't read.
I'm feeling desperate to meet my boy! I just can't wait! I can't wait to have him in my arms!!!
This morning, totally out of the blue, Matthew said to me, "Nathan home right now!!!"
I know, buddy. I feel the same way!!!

3 comments:
this is such a great time, and anxious time too. I loved the nesting and the preparing and the excitement! I hope that you have your arms filled with both of your boys soon and how sweet that Matthew is also ready for the day his brother comes home.
(and side note, I clicked on your blog and Natalie shouts out "that's Matthew! clearly, she's learning something:)
Such an exciting time in all this! I remember so clearly the lack of focus & ability to get things done, despite the long list of to-do's.
Hopefully you'll meet your boy soon!
Yeah - Nathan Home Right Now! I agree!
Post a Comment