It's true: I'm wishy washy. I have been since I was a little girl. I remember the stress of choosing a candy bar - what if I choose the wrong one??? I have always struggled with making decisions because I just didn't want to regret it later.
Last night my friend emailed me asking if I had signed up for the half marathon yet because yesterday was the last day to sign up before the price went up.
I wrote her back telling her about how badly training was going and that I didn't think I could do it.
Then I sat and stewed about it for a few minutes, chatted with my sisters, and filled out the online registration.
It turns out that the cheap part of my personality won out over the wishy washy part this time.
I knew if I was going to do it, I had to start running again. So this morning I got myself ready for my first run in almost a week.
"You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through"
~ Rosalynn Carter

4 comments:
Hooray!!! I'm so proud of you... my little runner! haha Well done, Rach... I'll pray that Matthew keeps sleeping, too!! :)
-Sarah Loo
Yahooo! I'm so glad you signed up! And hey, an 8:39 is pretty darn impressive.
You can do it! This is your first half so definitely run it to finish and don't worry about time -- that will make it much more enjoyable and the training less stressful. I had that goal for my first half and it was great. You'll do better on race day if you're relaxed about it. You can always set time goals for the next one! Go Girl!!!
You sound back on track! Good for you...you go, girl!
Post a Comment