Tuesday, April 19, 2011

These Days

Where to start?


We've been busy! Life suddenly got filled up with all sorts of things and I have found myself falling into bed exhausted every night without even a thought of blogging.

The last week has been almost completely filled with good things. I spent the weekend away with our youth group at a nearby camp and had a wonderful time getting to know our students better. God has been doing some big things in my life, and one of them is helping me to conquer some big fears. It's taken a long time, but I'm learning to get over myself.

I'm also learning how to pray boldly. In the past week, God has answered some of the biggest prayers I have ever prayed. To see Him answer prayers so clearly has literally taken my breath away. To see Him at work has been humbling and has changed me profoundly.

Some other good things this week - we are starting to get more things together for when Nathan arrives, including a new car seat for Matthew (so that Nathan can use his old one), ordering presents to take to Korea for Matthew and Nathan's foster families, and deciding what to do with the boys' bedroom. Our social worker was returning from Korea today and I hope that we will soon have a new video, pictures, and an update on our sweet boy!!!! I can hardly wait!!!

The only rough thing this week is Matthew's all out itchiness :( It seems like that wouldn't be a big deal, but when you itch all over, all the time, it is really not fun. He is having trouble sleeping, and I hear the phrase, "Itchy, Mama, Itchy!" so many times in the day and I just feel so bad. His skin/eczema is not flaring up, but we are wondering if seasonal allergies are the problem. He started another new medication this week but he's still having a rough time. I hope we can get him some relief soon!

In running news...I'm still running! I have done an 8 mile long run, and this Saturday 9 miles is on the schedule. I can't believe the half marathon is in less than 3 weeks!!! I feel like I will be ready and I hope it will be a good experience :)

So that's the update!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I feel so bad for your little guy, I hope and pray he starts feeling better soon.

I would love to hear about the gifts you decided on for Nathan's foster family - I am definitely looking for ideas. There are 2 young teenagers in Joshua's foster family, and I am completely out of touch with what teenagers like right now.

Elizabeth Frick said...

I'm with Becky - how frustrating for him (and you!) to be itchy all the time! Sweet boy :(
And BRAVO on the running! So very excited that you stuck it out and that your half marathon is so soon!!!

Unknown said...

Love. Love. Love!!! Except for the itchiness.... but the rest is awesome!!