Wednesday, April 06, 2011

So What?

So what if it's a dreary, rainy day.

So what if we've been stuck in the house for the last four days...

except to visit the doctor. Three times.

So what if Matthew has pneumonia and an ear infection.

That can't stop the smiles around here!

There has been fun in the tub...



Fun in the rocking chair...


Fun doing puzzles...


Of course lots of fun with trains...


Fun with books (about trains)...


(Do you see a trend?)

I'm so thankful my boy has been happy and smiley

even though he obviously isn't feeling well.

I'm thankful for medicine and a fabulous doctor,

and I keep thinking of how so many mothers

around the world do not have these things.

That must be so hard.

I'm thankful for television and Thomas the Tank Engine movies

that entertain this two year old

at two in the morning

while he is being nebulized.

And I'm hopeful that this will be the last sickness

for quite a while!

8 comments:

Joe and Shannon said...

Poor little guy. Our little Jae-min is also going through a similar sickness, nebulizer and all!! Definately no fun

Elizabeth Frick said...

I'm so glad he's such a good little patient. But I'm sorry that he's sick! Poor little buddy :(

Phil & Karen said...

Poor Matthew! Sorry to hear you are dealing with illness again, but it sounds like he is a real trouper! Thank goodness for Thomas and Friends! Hope he is better soon!

Kristin said...

pneumonia and ear infection?!?!? Ugh!!! Get better Matthew!

Barry/ Amy said...

Hope you are on the mend soon!!!

DeMaster Family said...

Oh, yuck! Hope he feels better soon! I remember those middle of the night neb treatments. :)

Rachelle said...

Hope he feeling much better by now. Sickness is just no fun.. for him or for you. ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

By chance came upon your blog link in one of my favorites files. All the Thomas stuff just like at our house! Have you heard of Day out with Thomas? http://www.geneseecountyparks.org/pages/DayOutWithThomas we go each year and both kids have a blast! They also have it at Greenfield Village.
~Beth Faber