It's true. These days, my mind is elsewhere. To be specific, it's in Korea. Yes, our special little boy is filling our minds, hearts, and conversations these days! I am so eager to see our new video and pictures, and every day I run (literally) to the mail box as soon as the mailman drives away. He probably thinks I have too much time on my hands if I am sitting watching for him :) The mail just becomes so much more fun when you're in the middle of an adoption!
This afternoon Matthew and I did some fun shopping. We only ended up with one thing for Nathan - a monkey blanket. We have been talking to Matthew about how he's going to have to share things with Nathan, and he was most relieved to hear that he will get to keep Stinky (his blankie) all to himself!
I've also been doing some online shopping :) I want to make sure I have all of the gifts we are going to take for both Nathan and Matthew's foster families, because knowing myself as I do, there will be a total freak out once travel call comes!
I have struggled a lot with what to get their foster mothers. How do you say a big enough thank you to someone who cared for, protected and loved your child for months and months? I wanted to show them how much they mean to us, but it was hard to find something that showed our gratitude. I finally settled on this necklace (one for each foster mother). It is called a "mother and child" necklace.
I also got them each a wallet, and we plan to get the foster fathers fancy pens and some locally made chocolates. I still have foster siblings to buy for but I'm not sure what to get yet. It's hard not knowing how old they are!

It has been wonderful doing some things to get ready for Nathan coming home. It is starting to feel like we are on the downward slope towards him coming home, and the worst part of the wait is over. I am beyond thrilled that we are going to be able to travel to Korea and see the place where my sons were born. And I love the look that comes over everyone when we tell them we are taking Matthew with us :) What an adventure this will be!
I also got them each a wallet, and we plan to get the foster fathers fancy pens and some locally made chocolates. I still have foster siblings to buy for but I'm not sure what to get yet. It's hard not knowing how old they are!
It has been wonderful doing some things to get ready for Nathan coming home. It is starting to feel like we are on the downward slope towards him coming home, and the worst part of the wait is over. I am beyond thrilled that we are going to be able to travel to Korea and see the place where my sons were born. And I love the look that comes over everyone when we tell them we are taking Matthew with us :) What an adventure this will be!Speaking of Matthew, no post is complete without a few pictures of Little Man. And Little Dog.

I find myself saying all the time that this must be the most fun age ever. He is cracking me up with all the things he is saying these days. My new favorite is "double trouble!" - no idea where he heard this but I think I may be saying that to myself a lot once Nathan arrives!

9 comments:
Rachel I LOVE LOVE Your posts!! I'm so excited for you with the new little one coming!! can't wait to hear when you actually get a travel date!!
As a foster mom who has passed on a few kids to adoptive families, the gifts you have chosen are PERFECT!! & SOOOO thoughtful. I have one family I've been able to keep up with, they send me pictures often & I"m FB friends with the mom. another family sends me pics once a year & nothing else. I think she does it out of duty. So you really caring & thanking them will mean the WORLD to them :)
I love your gift idea, it's perfect! I'm so excited you will be getting a new video!
I'm with your other two commenters - great gifts!!!
And don't worry about taking Matthew with you... you'll be fine! We took Olive to Korea to get Ingrid, and though it was really tough at times, we wouldn't have done it any other way. I feel it's so important to keep that family bond strong :)
LOVE the monkey blanket too! So super cute.
Sounds like things are going well! Can't wait for Nathan to come home and Matthew to really understand what having a brother is. :) It'll be wonderful (most of the time). Hugs and sending up a prayer.
Love your gift choices!!! The neclaces are beautiful and the wallets are so fun!!! Cannot wait for your travel call!!! So excited for all of you to travel! :)
I love the gift choices too! I can only imagine how deeply it will mean to them.
I'm so excited! I can't wait. :)
'Double Trouble' is a Thomas the Tank story.
OOOh yeah! You get to go to Korea!! I think it's great that you're taking Matthew! You'll have to get lots and lots of pictures!
That necklace is quite sweet. Where did you find it? It's fun that you are doing the shopping with Matthew! Hope you get your TC soon.
Post a Comment