Opening the mailbox and seeing the package I have been anxiously awaiting has at long last arrived...
Catching my breath as the video starts and my boy, my growing boy, flashes onto the screen...
Hearing he is doing very well, is "a very good sleeper" and "an easygoing baby" and "very smart"...
Seeing his foster mother care for him, touch him lovingly, talk about him so knowingly...
Realizing that his hearing may in fact be better than we thought, and learning that he is speaking words...
Knowing that it really won't be long now until I have two little boys (who I think are going to be very close in size!)...
Yesterday was a day of pure joy, and today is more of the same! I cannot even tell you how many times I have watched that video. Nathan is so sweet, precious, calm, beautiful...I know it is just a little glimpse, but already I am in awe of how God is putting together our little family so perfectly. The tears fell as our social worker gave Nathan the little toys we had sent for him. The book that I held in my hands just a few weeks ago, now held by the sweetest little hands. He loved the stacking cups we sent, and he sat and was entertained by them for most of the video. I can't wait to discover more about his personality, to find out what makes him smile.
Nathan is 16 months old today...I am praying so hard that this will be the month. I am ready to meet my boy!

12 comments:
I love this post!! -Alot. And maybe I'm just hormonal, but I'm getting all teary just reading it.
How precious to see him playing with the items you sent! And to see him and hear him! I am praying that this is the month for you too - and that you will have your two boys together soon!!
This post makes my heart happy, Rachel! I'm so excited for your growing family. What a blessing to have video like that. I'm sure I would never get a thing done for watching it all the time!
I had forgotten just how close in age my two youngest guys are to Nathan - they were both 16 months old last week.
Joining you in prayer that THIS IS THE MONTH!!!!!
What a happy happy post to read!!! Aren't videos the absolute best?! I'm excited, too, that maybe his hearing is better than anticipated - we found that to be the case with both our girls. Now go watch that video again!
So happy for you and your family!! :) May this month be your month!!! Fingers and toes crossed!!!!
fabulous and so exciting
How wonderful that you got to see Nathan! I really hope this is the month too! :)
So very happy for you that you get to see sweet Nathan!!! How wonderful.
Praying that you have both your boys in your arms very very soon.
What a great gift! Sounds like you have some precious boys!
I love this post! So glad you got an update. I hope they keep coming!
Heart is happy... Eyes are awfully blurry... I'm hoping and praying this is the month too!!
Post a Comment