The days are flying by, with each day bringing us closer and closer to becoming a family of four. While Matthew and I are definitely enjoying these beautiful spring days, I have been busy busy busy getting everything ready for Nathan's arrival. Let me tell you, it is so much fun!
The boys' room is coming along, and today I finished some picture frames that are just waiting for the cute pictures I am going to take once Nathan is home!
Here is Matthew's corner of the room:
And speaking of Matthew, of course the post isn't complete without a picture of my little guy (who isn't looking so little these days!).
Even more than preparing our house, we are preparing our hearts for Nathan's arrival. As we pray for him every night, I am so keenly aware of the loss he is about to face. It is hard to know that our joy comes out of so much loss. Nathan has lost his birthmother, and is soon to lose his foster mother, his culture, everything he knows and all that is familiar. While it is true that he is very young and will not remember this part of his life, these are still huge losses that will be part of him for all of his life. I pray so often for my precious child, that he will not be afraid, that he will very quickly feel safe and secure with us, that our family will be bonded together in a way that amazes even us.
The day is coming...

5 comments:
those frames are awesome! And I love their "corners" - something special for each of them, but lots for both of them. It will be perfect when filled with two adorable boys!
So much excitement ahead of you all! I can't wait to see you with two adorable little boys!
(PS - I love that my word verification for this comment is "chingu" which is Korean for "friends") :)
LOVE the room!!! It looks fantastic!!!! Cannot wait to see your boys together!!!!
so glad things are going better for you! the room looks so cute. you've been on my mind lots lately. i'm so excited for you. call if you need anything!
That day is coming!!! YEAH!!!!
Post a Comment