Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What a Difference

What a difference a day can make!

Today was our first day eating egg-free, milk-free, nut-free, tomato-free, and citrus fruit-free...and we survived!  Here's the crazy part - when I was getting Matthew ready for bed, I realized that his eczema is gone from his stomach and his back (where he gets it the worst).  Gone.  I am hoping and praying so much that this is the answer we have been looking for!

What a difference a year can make!

Once year ago today I was anxiously pacing around my house trying to find something to keep me occupied while I waited for our travel call.  I was done with work and ready to be a mama.  One year ago today, the call came - our sweet boy would be coming in only three more days!  I had longed with all my heart for our waiting to be over, and finally God answered our prayers.  Matthew was coming home!

What a difference a weekend can make!

I love love LOVE being with my husband and my little boy.  It's just the best thing ever.  Brad and I had such a great time together this weekend, laughing about stupid things like having soaking wet feet and no change of shoes, eating all kinds of junk food but reminding each other that, after all, we were on vacation so it didn't really count...we just enjoyed being together.  And having the Little Mister with us only increases our joy!  He is such a blessing to us!

Here are a few pictures from the weekend:

(Happy boy at the hotel)


(Enjoying a long walk on Sunday morning - it was chilly!)


("Breakfast" at the hotel.  I use that term lightly!

I love that Matthew has figured out what it means when I say, "Smile!")


(Love this picture of Matthew and Brad at the beach)


(Of course we can't go anywhere with our trains...)


(Matthew had a blast on our walk and was nice and tired for the ride home!)


(This was our final destination on our walk - a beautiful old lighthouse)


(Matthew loved the waves and would have walked into the lake if we'd have let him!)


(He's still the one...love this man so much and am so thankful for six wonderful years together.  Looking forward to many more!)


(My first time seeing sand dunes!)



(Okay, now I know it looks like I let my baby play with a really sharp piece of wood, but...well, actually I didn't notice that it was so sharp until after I took the photo!  Oops!)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad for you all that eliminating those things from Matthew's diet has made his skin improve!!!! That is awesome!!

Ah, Big Sable Point and Ludington! We went there in the Fall of 2005 during our one year living in Ann Arbor.

Rachelle said...

WOO HOO for clear skin! That's AWESOME!

Barry/ Amy said...

What great pics! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time ! :)

Leah said...

So happy his eczema really cleared up. And your pictures are beautiful. What a fun trip!

Elizabeth Frick said...

Wonderful photos.
But I am SOOOOO excited that the allergies are helping with eczema!!! That is so wonderful!!!

Janet said...

Ohhh...I'm so happy for you that the new eating/diet plan seems to be helping w/ Matthew's skin. Wonderful!

What a fun vacation...LOVE the one of Matthew sitting on the sand by his name...and wielding that sharp spear. ;-)

Joe and Shannon said...

Looks like a great vacation!!! Glad Matthew is starting to feel better with his itchy itchy skin, poor little guy!! Happy Anniversary, what a fun way to spend as a family of 3!!

Abby said...

Great post, Rachel! So glad Matthew's skin is showing signs of improvement - saying prayers this trend continues! Seeing him more comfortable is worth the pain of monitoring his diet!

Love the vacay pics - looks like you had a wonderful time and made lots of memories. So fun!

Happy Early Airplane/Gotcha/Homecoming/Travel Day! What a milestone. Think back to the excitement and look forward to years and years of more joy!

Tamara said...

Looks like the trip was a hit! I am so glad! :)
I'm very excited that the new diet seems to be working too! YAY!

Britt said...

I love that picture of you and Brad - it might be my favourite of you 2 ever! Also so glad Matthews skin is getting better!!