We've had a few lovely, lazy summer days around here! Nothing much has been happening (hence the lack of blogging), but it's been so great to have a happy, healthy boy again and we have just been enjoying playing and sticking close to home. We're working our way back to a normal schedule again and I am breathing a sigh of relief. Sleep is a good thing for sure :)
Getting sleep has helped with the energy level and I've been inspired lately to get out and get moving again. I've backed off the running recently because of knee pain but have returned to something I just love but haven't done for years: rollerblading! I have been a rollerskater/rollerblader since I was about 6 years old and it is one of my favorite forms of exercise. I was so excited recently to find a new friend who also loves it! We have only gone a few times together but each time we have done 10-13 miles, so it's a good workout.
I have also been feeling inspired around the house. After seeing Wendi's blog recently about her meal plan, I totally stole her idea and starting writing our weekly meal schedule on a white board in the kitchen. It has made life so much easier since it reminds me what to get out of the freezer, when to put something in the crock pot, etc. I am enjoying being a little bit more organized in this respect :)
Matthew is back to himself and has been loving some new (old) toys that I brought up from the basement. They are new to him, but they are not new toys at all! This cash register is from my childhood, and it's his new favorite! It took him a couple of days to figure it out but now he's got the hang of it. He is growing and learning so much!

10 comments:
We do the same thing with our menu on a wipe-off board in the kitchen. I don't know what we'd do without it!
And rollerblading frightens me - so fast, so uncoordinated (me)...
awesome on the rollerblading! and i had that same cash register!!!
Love the menu board. I want one for my frig!
Luke and Evelyn LOVE that same cash register. My parents have it at their house and they play with it forever when we visit! It's fun to see that Matthew likes it too. Oh, and YAY for sleep. :)
It's so funny - my husband Nate just took up rollerblading again after a few years. He got his blades out last and when Noah looked at them for a minute he said, "Dada, Bike, Shoes" We were so surprised - but he was so right! It's funny how our little ones put things together in their minds!
Such good news about Matthew feeling better!!! :)
Not sure what night we will be over for dinner gonna check with Barry, but everything on your new wipe board looks delicious! :)
Love the white board idea! Glad to hear Matthew is feeling better! I am definitely not brave (or coordinated) enough for rollerblades....but they do look fun!
hmmm I like the idea of the white board, I might try it!!
Yay - I inspired! :)LOVE making out my menus. You're right - it makes a huge difference in being prepared and more organized.
See you tomorrow!
Isn't that sweet when they love the same toys you did? My youngest daughter has the blanket I had when I was little and it's so sweet! Good luck with rollerblading...I wish I was coordinated enough to take that on!
Post a Comment