It is hard to get back to real life after a wonderful weekend away! We had such a nice time together and we have the pictures to prove it! But they'll have to wait for now since I'm feeling too lazy to upload photos :)
Thankfully, Brad had the day off today so that he could go with me to see a new allergist (for Matthew) and also go to the dermatologist with us. We absolutely love the new doctor - he was so helpful and great with Matthew. He told us that we probably need to eliminate milk from Matthew's diet. This was not what I wanted to hear. I just got the whole egg-free, nut-free thing figured out and now I feel like I have to start all over again with figuring out what to feed him. He also told us to take out tomatoes and citrus fruits. I am wondering what is left at this point! It is overwhelming but I know it will be worth it if it helps Matthew feel better. I fear we are on the verge of another bad eczema flare up :(
When we got home I thought Matthew felt really warm so I took his temperature and it was 102.4! Poor baby is sick and was pretty miserable this evening. Brad and I were supposed to go to our adoption agency to go to a training class but we decided to stay home. We are going to the agency on Thursday for our first homestudy meeting (finally!). After talking about it a ton and seriously considering other options (changing agencies, trying infertility treatments again) we have decided to stick with our agency for a number of reasons. And despite the looooong wait we have in front of us, I really feel good about our decision. For today, anyway :). I am excited to start the process at long last.
So that's where we're at. Pictures tomorrow...I can't wait to share them!
Monday, September 20, 2010
Welcome to Monday
Thoughts from Rachel at 2:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Poor guy! Glad you love the new doc!!!
Hope that the diet changes help Matthew and that it gets easier for you as well. Poor guy.
And I'm glad that you have made a decision about agencies that you are comfortable with. And now to start the process!! Yay!
Good luck with the homestudy. It's the start of a new journey.... so exciting!
I'm glad you liked the new doctor, but how tough to have that much eliminated from his diet. And I hope he is feeling much better today! :)
Glad you had a fun time away! Praying your Matthew will feel better and that you will be able to think of lots of things to feed him. I never would have thought citrus fruits would be a problem, how crazy! I love your title by the way...it makes me miss welcoming you to the day everyday, haha.
I hope Matthew is feeling better by today. Fevers and sick kids...no fun!
Good luck with your homestudy!
Post a Comment