Tuesday, June 22, 2010

We Accidentally Named Him "Stinky"

It was just one of those things. We never meant for it to happen. Somehow, somewhere along the line, my sweet baby boy's very special blanket/bear was given the name "Stinky".


Please, don't judge.

You see, this blanket really is stinky most of the time! I wash it (frequently!) and yet within hours of being loved by the little man (i.e. chewed on, slobbered on, kissed etc.) it is truly a stinky little blanket again!

I believe one day as I picked him and blankie up out of the crib I made a comment about "Wow, that's stinky!" which then turned into, "Let's go get your stinky blanket!" which turned into, "Where's Stinky?" (a question which, by the way, illicits a huge smile from Matthew and a frantic searching until he finds him.)

Here's the thing: "Stinky" is not a nice name for a little boy's special blanket. I know that! We just need a better, cuter name for him (notice the blanket is blue so of course it is a boy). The other day at the grocery store as I was getting Matthew out of the car, I informed him that "Stinky needs to stay in the car" and then realized how ridiculous I sounded!

So, it is time to rename poor Stinky.

I need your help, bloggy friends. What in the world can we call this sweet blanket/bear thing that Matthew so dearly loves? I have heard people call it a lovey, which is super adorable, but I'm pretty sure Brad will never say it. So I'm wondering...any other suggestions?

8 comments:

Chaukie said...

Friends of ours have a blue bear blanket called "Happy." That came about because it made their little boy happy, although I can't remember exactly the way it happened, but it is cute.

everythingismeowsome said...

We call Isaac's a silkie.

Anonymous said...

We think you should use it's Latin name "Blankitum Droolicus"
Just a suggestion........
Or our other thought was "Mr Dibbs"

Barry/ Amy said...

I like stinky myself :) I would keep it -- no matter how it sounds that is "his" charm. :)

Angela said...

keep stinky. it's hilarious!!! Come on, what's the worst that could happen!!??

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

The thing is - if it's name is "stinky" to Matthew... you may be pretty commited to that by now. :)

Leah said...

I love little kids and their blankets. :) And I kind of like the name stinky. I have a knack at naming things in a way that I shouldn't and I have found it's very hard to rename something. . . So, it might just have to be stinkie. :)

Janet said...

Stinky...I love it.