Friday, June 25, 2010

Add Swimming to the List!

Today was so much fun! Some of my friends and their kids were heading to a swimming pool not far from our house so Matthew and I packed up our stuff and headed to the pool for a couple of hours. To say he loved it would be a complete understatement!

As I expected, he was kind of nervous about it at first. He wouldn't let go of my hand and did not want to sit down in the water. The pool we went to is so great for little kids as there is a really shallow part with a gradual slope and no steps. It was the perfect way to ease him in!


Soon he decided maybe sitting would be okay...


And it wasn't long until he was loving the fountains that were shooting out in all different directions.


I thought he might be upset when he got sprayed in his face, but to my surprise he started laughing and stuck his hands into the stream of water again so that it would spray him again!


Of course he had to find a step to go up and down, up and down...


I was scared I wouldn't get any pictures of him smiling, which would have been so sad because seriously he smiled and laughed so much. Then at the very end of the day, I got this photo:


After a couple of hours of playing, Matthew was so worn out. We headed home (literally a 4 minute drive) and as I pulled into the driveway I looked in the mirror and saw that he had fallen asleep! Now I know a good way to wear him out...

We will be heading to the pool again soon!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

he looks like he was having SO much fun!!!

Janet said...

Water does wear them out.
Love the shot you captured with him smiling.
Little D LOVES getting in the pool...and wanted to sit and go get splashed immediately, which means I had to get really splashed too. He went under twice (slipped down). I grabbed him immediately. I thought he'd be freaked, but after getting the water out of his eyes he just laughed. :-)

BrandiB said...

You are completely right...you have now found the perfect way to wear him out! It looks like he had fun. It will be interesting to see what he does next time

Barry/ Amy said...

I love these pictures!!! You completely captured Matthew's happiness :)