Friday, June 18, 2010

Passports, Running, and Belly Smacking Fun!

Coming up with titles for blog posts may just be my least favorite thing ever :)

Anyway, I have been sticking to the running and have been managing to go for 2 or 3 runs a week. Today I did my second run for the week and I was so excited to find that I am getting a bit faster! I ran two miles, and my first mile took 9:42 minutes and my second mile took 9:06 minutes! That is pretty good considering last year I was running 11-13 minute miles! I felt strong tonight and it was good to run.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yesterday I took Matthew to get his passport photos taken. Lovely experience. It is so stressful trying to get your 18-month-old to sit still in a chair and look at a stranger with a camera. Thankfully my sister came with me, but both of us were holding in the laughter by the end of it. The woman taking Matthew's photos was, um, how shall I say...grouchier than Oscar (the grouch that is). Not a happy lady. Did not even crack a smile when she saw my adorable baby. And then, as we're trying to get Matthew to look at the camera and not fuss, she says with a completely straight face, "He just needs to not cry."

Right...no problem. I mean, he is 18-months-old so I'm sure if I just tell him that...


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And finally, what is a post without a picture of the little mister? Here he is laughing so hard that he had to smack his belly in glee :)

1 comments:

Britt said...

That picture is really cute! He is getting soo big!!